I will start by saying I got a pretty good deal but be prepared to get little service for big bucks.
The hotel is clean, the staff are efficient (with one exception), but nothing is OUTSTANDING besides the location. I did a check at several "higher service" hotels on the same block (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton) and rates were all comparable.
Others have already stated all the other obvious issues "no wi-fi, ancient TV, no pool/spa/jacuzzi, rooms with no view" and management may respond on tripadvisor about a sister hotel having these amenities available or other items, but they CLEARLY made no offer (as if you are just supposed to know to ask - RUDE).
My biggest issue, besides the fact the bathroom counter has no soap dish, which is at best "awkward", was managements lack of response and maintenance issues. Our air conditioner quit, our phone malfunctioned, and we had some crazy loud pipes on the roof above our room.
I called for about an hour to the front desk about the air conditioner before I had to dress and walk to the front desk. I found the only night worker on shift on the phone with one of her friends. I contacted and asked to speak to the General Manager, Mike Cunningham, but he just could not be bothered to talk to a Platinum Priority Club Member. A shift manager tried to call but the faulty phone seemed to keep us from speaking, and he couldn't be bothered to walk up to my room.
The maintenance folks were great and they fixed the air conditioner (apparently the hotel does not have a replacement cycle for filters and the one in our room was way past expiration - GROSS), they fixed our phone, and they fixed the loud pipes on the roof.
I call Priority Club about my issue with the front desk staff being on the phone and they assured me management would call (in 15 minutes) but that didn't happen. I thought they may have at least left a message for us but instead it was a generic "We hope you enjoyed staying at our hotel message".
The free breakfast was pretty good - despite the crowds - but I am not sure why they opted for the slowest pancake machine ever, which took 6 minutes to make 5 TINY pancakes over the "Belgian waffle" machine most of these places have. Maybe Ebay was having a sale.
We had a fairly pleasant stay but the lack of communication from management and the lack of hotel maintenance do concern me. If management is not vested in keeping a place running well then the employees can only do so much, and with the exception of the one employee, they were friendly and hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf