Stayed 3 nights (June 12-15, 2008) in a King room on the 1st floor. There was no view, just a courtyard of windows - but that didn't matter, because we were sightseeing from morning til night and I was too tired to care when we were finished.
If you need a nice hotel, in a great/safe location, with a clean room & free breakfast - look no further. We got a rate of $187 per night through the hotels website - and when you factor in the complimentary breakfast - that's a pretty good deal. There is plenty to eat - not just danish & coffee. They had hot cinnamon rolls, cold cereal, carton milk, eggs (scrambled or omelet depending on the day), bacon or sausage (depending on the day) biscuits and gravy (daily), and then breads, english muffins and bagels. If this doesn't work for you, there is a Denny's literally right around the corner - as well as a Walgreen in case you need pop/water, medicine, sunscreen, snacks, toothpaste, film developing, socks - or anything else you forgot or think you might need.
The turnaround for the Powell-Mason is only 2 blocks from the hotel. You can pay $5 per way, per person. Or buy a 3-day unlimited ride pass for $18 per person. We chose this option which gave us no excuse to explore the city more.
Overall a great hotel - no complaints! The rooms were big & clean. Had in-room safe, iron, ironing board, coffee, internet, movies, video games, etc. There are 2 computers for internet access just off the lobby that are available 24/7, at no cost. Great for printing boarding passes for the flight home, booking tours, researching restaurants and attractions - and checking your emails from home - as well as sending the standard "wish you were here" email to the folks back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf