This was our 2nd trip to SFO and our 2nd stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf. We choose it for several reasons.
* Location: 2 blocks North is all the action on the Wharf. 2 blocks South is the Powell/Mason cable car turnaround. 4 blocks West is the Powell/Hyde cable car turnaround. So, there is something to do either within walking distance, or you can get on a cable car and be in Chinatown, Union Square, etc. in just a matter of minutes.
* Breakfast: Their selection is superb, and it's just downstairs waiting for you. Pancakes, Eggs, Cinnamon Rolls, Fruit, Cereals, Biscuits & Gravy, Toast, English Muffins, Bagels, Juice, Coffee, Milk, Yogurt, and the list goes on. Having this service in the hotel is a time & money saver. You don't have to find a restaurant, stand in line, or add anything to your travel budget.
* Rooms: It's not the Waldorf but it's all you really need. A bed, television, bathroom, closet, inn room safe, etc. Everything was neat, clean and well kept.
Other positives were that the front desk staff is friendly & helpful. There are 2 computers in the lobby so you can check email or print boarding passes, and free Wi-Fi in the lobby.
If I had to find a fault it would be that I wished there would have been a mini-fridge in the room.
If we should ever go back to SFO for a 3rd time, we will chose this hotel again!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.