I booked this hotel in March 2013 after it received such good reviews by fellow travellers.
The benefit was the free wifi and hot breakfast included in the rate but the fine print was not advertised...
I did note one of the reviews stated no wifi however this review was not dated so I assumed the hotels website was accurate when they stated free wifi. They did not state that the wifi was only available in the foyer of the hotel!!!
The 'hot breakfast' (available from 6:30am and closing very promptly at 9:30am) consisted of scrambled eggs and a sausage pattie thing. This certainly met the 'hot' criteria but if you love your breakfast then don't get too excited about this place.
We also had a vehicle to park. The only parking available at the hotel is valet parking at $45 + tax per night. The hotel's own website http://www.hiefishermanswharf.com/specials stated half price valet parking during weekday stays. The link to book this 'special' did not work. Nor did any of the other links.
When we came to check in we explained this. They seemed not to believe me and had never heard of this special. I showed the reception on my iPad and the woman went to get the manager. They both sat there analysing my iPad and checking other sites to ensure that I hadn't crafted their page not to open. How insulting!
Then the manager advised that he would have to contact IT as it appeared that the page was not working. (You think?!). Confirmed that he would not be able to honour the half price parking as we had booked through a third party website. Despite us not being able to book through their page!
He also mentioned that the 'special' was priced at $180 on average per night. This was a mark up which covers the price of the parking anyway.
Another annoyance I have experienced was the cleaner vacuuming the hall and banging the room door at 8:30am. My travelling companions thought that he was going to bust into their room just as they came out of the shower. When I went downstairs for breakfast, I passed the cleaner who was vacuuming outside the lifts with no nozzle attached the the vacuume! Just the pipe of the vacuume cleaner.
Laundry facilities were also advertised as being available in the garage. This is actually a block distance walk from the elevators.
Who is running this place? You should be ashamed.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.