Took a trip to San Fran for my birthday and decided on this hotel as got it at a good rate. We also looked at the Holiday Inn next door, but the fact that the express included free breakfast and wi fi was what made it a winner.
I was reluctant a first as for some reason I always thought that Holiday Inns were cheap and tacky, but the hotel was actually great although basic.
As stated in previous reviews, the location is awesome. Two blocks away from the main fisherman's wharf area and a very short walk to pier 39. Two blocks in the other direction and you will find the cable car turnaround point. Lombard street (zig zag road) was also just a short walk away. There is a Walgreens close by and many restaurants.
The rooms were spacious and kept immaculately clean. Telly was fine but could of done with a few more channels. Bathroom was rather noisy when you turn the light on (air con or something?) but this didn't bother us.
The free wi fi is only accessible from the lobby which was a tad annoying as would be so much more beneficial if you could pick up the signal in your room.
The free breakfast wasn't all that, but at the low price your paying to stay there you can't really expect much more! The lobby was jam packed every morning and we only managed to get a table on the second day. We ended up just grabbing an orange juice and cinnamon bun each every morning and taking them back up to room.
Reception staff were excellent, and the friendliest I have ever come across. Were a great help in assisting us with ire toons and useful tips.
Overall i would say the hotel is great if you purely just want a bed to stay in every night in a great location. Wi Fi in the Roos would be even better. Would definitely say there again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.