Stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and was very impressed. Front desk staff, especially Ady were super friendly and helpful. We booked the basic room and then we realised that they don't have a fridge so I would recommend upgrading if you need one. Rooms are quite spacious and had free cable Internet. Free breaky is a bit hectic but after some cereal, toast and eggs you are ready to start your day! Great location with only a 3 minute walk to Powell -Mason cable car line. Take this line instead of Hyde as loads less people. Get a Muni passport from the kiosk ($28 for a 7 day pass) near the cable car turn around and you are set. Saves you loads of $$ and its $6 each way otherwise! Safeway is two locks away and loads of restaurants close by. Another plug is for Plugz bike hire right next door to the hotel. OMG, I know it sounds strange to ride an electric bike but believe me you will be laughing as you go up the hills to the Golden Gate Bridge while everyone else is puffing. $10 more per day but its so worth it.
You can pay loads more for other hotels in the area but just remember that your going to be spending most of your day out n about. We got a super deal on Webjet and felt like we got our $ worth.
P.s...Quake Super shuttle does door to door from the airport at $17 a head and ask them for a business card for the return which is $13 a person. No mucking about and not loads of stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf