You could spend more money and probably find a nicer hotel in the same neighborhood, but there is no need. The Holiday Inn Express had everything we needed for our week-long stay in SF. It is perfectly located, within walking distance to Pier 39, Ghiardelli Square, two cable-car rides and all the seafood places. We chose this hotel because it offered a buffet breakfast every day. It's the standard HIE breakfast; not too fancy or anything, but it sure beats shelling out extra bucks in the morning for the same type of food somewhere else. The room was good, but perhaps not the cleanest, especially when we checked in. We had a microwave and a fridge, a big plus. We did not use the microwave since it still had someone else's food splattered on the inside. It was never cleaned while we were there.
The beds were comfortable, we didn't notice any undue noise, and the staff was friendly. We used the exercise room almost every day: 3 treadmills, a bike and a couple other machines. It wasn't too crowded at 5:30 am.
The beds and the room, overall, were comfortable. The free wi-fi is available only in the lobby, which was a little annoying. There are two computers available and they worked well, too.
Overall, there is some room for improvement, but I'd book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf