We booked this hotel based on review here. It was really easy to find and honestly so much closer to the wharf the I expected. Think I was expecting vegas size blocks. This hotel is so close to the wharf, has a safeway and 2 walgreens within a block or two.
Things I liked about this hotel. Location was perfect, we could walk quickly to wharf. Check in was quick and friendly, breakfast was busy but a good selection of items including pancake machine. The beds were comfy ( a bit harder then mine at home), shower was always hot with good pressure. Blacked otr shades, fairly quiet street besides the 6am food service delivery honking. computer/printer was easy to use, quick and worked perfectly.
Things that could be improved. We booked this because free Wi-Fi was important to us. What I didn't know was it is NOT in the room and only available in the lobby. Also the tv worked fine but such a small variety of channels was pathetic. After a long day of touring around a few more good channels would be great. If you love ESPN it was 4 of the 20 channels. I knew parking was high but valet was the only option and by the time it was all said and done it was over $50 per night. (the room was 100). Note-there is a Hertz rental office one block down.
Only one incident at the hotel was our next door neighbors decided to have a party and start smoking cigars. The smoke instantly flowed in our room. YUK!! However after calling the front desk they immediately address it and even put a ozone machine to clean out the air quickly. By the time we got up in the am you couldn't smell it at all. The hotels says $250 fine for smoking in the room.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf