“Can I give them six stars??” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vin Ambassador

Vin Ambassador
19 Clementina Street Loft 301, San Francisco, CA 94105 (SoMa)
415 385 6556
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 394 Activities in San Francisco
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Vin Ambassador provides privately guided sommelier wine tours. Our mission is to transform renowned regions into meaningful destinations.
Covington, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Can I give them six stars??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This company is the entire reason I joined Trip Advisor to give reviews. We had booked a trip for some friends as a wedding gift in 2012 through Vin Ambassador (at the recommendation of the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay) and our friends raved about Andres. Naturally, when we visited Napa last year, we decided to give them a try as well. I have to admit that I was skeptical; this was my first visit to Napa, and I thought having a sommelier do our driving was a bit unnecessary (not to mention pretentious). I also thought it could be uncomfortable having someone with us all day and was concerned about my limited experience with formal tastings. I could not have been more wrong. Ginevra was with us all day and immediately put me at ease. She was extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the wine industry and truly helped us express what we liked and didn't like about our tastings. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful and interesting it was to have someone with her knowledge with us. But perhaps more importantly, she was tons of fun! It was never awkward for her to be with us; instantly it was like she was a friend along for the trip. Andres and Ginevra made our first trip to Napa wonderful and provided a first-rate, personalized experience that we will always treasure. I would highly, highly recommend them and can't wait for our next trip with Vin Ambassadors.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
“A magical day in the Napa Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I recently spent a truly memorable day in the wine country, as enchanted by the sites we visited as I was with Andres Carlos Martel, owner of Vin Ambassador, and his delightful colleague, Ginevra Altomara. Both are knowledgeable sommeliers, thoughtful, charming, perfect company for an adventure in the Napa Valley. Andres' business card reads "Director of Happiness and Sommelier", a perfect description of this consummate host. While I was interested in visiting some wineries, I was more intrigued by having a culinary tour of the area. We spent time at some remarkable gardens, exceptional olive oil producers, an artisan chocolate venue, and ended our day with drinks and appetizers overlooking the Napa River. Andres' relationship with so many producers in the wine country enables him to provide very personalized tours. He was intuitive about meeting my hopes for the day, and I returned to San Francisco beyond grateful for the experience. I should add that I am a concierge in a luxury property and deal with very discerning guests. They often have very high expectations, and the tours offered by Vin Ambassador would handsomely meet them all.

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Unique Experience with Vin Ambassador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a fabulous and very memorable day visiting intimate wineries and restaurants in Napa with Vin Ambassador! Andres is an expert on all aspects of wine production and tasting. He was able to gauge our capacity for information and did not overwhelm us with too many fact. After driving us around all day in Napa, he took us to San Francisco for dinner in Little Italy and then Ghiradelli to finish out the day. I highly recommend Vin Ambassador to anyone looking for a unique wine tasting experience!

Visited May 2013
Coral Gables, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Best wine tour experience you'll ever have!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Andres is so personable and knowledgeable! We had the most amazing experience ever. We enjoyed off the beaten path, private vineyards. Having traveled to Napa once before and touring the more "touristy" vineyards, this trip with Andres totally surpassed all of our expectations. The one-on-one attention was there from the moment he picked us up and all throughout our journey. The vineyards were gorgeous and we truly learned so much speaking with the owners/growers. The wine....WOW!!!! Can't wait to receive our shipment to relive Napa all over again. Don't be hesitant to book a trip with Vin Ambassador...Andres will make you feel special and you definitely won't regret it!

Visited March 2013
Santa Barbara, California
3 attraction reviews
“Another FABULOUS unique wine experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I first tasted with Andres of Vin Ambassador in February of this year, and based on that experience, I knew I never needed to consider anyone else for another trip this fall. This second trip was different than the first and every bit as excellent. Andres really puts effort into making his trips fit the people on them, and he took us to some amazing, hidden gems in the Napa Valley. We had fantastic wine, great food, and felt like we were once again spending the day hanging out with a great friend who just happened to be a sommelier and know everyone in Napa. Wine tasting with Vin Ambassador is really the only way to go. It's luxurious without being stiff or snobby ... the best kind of fun, and we discovered GREAT wine and friendly winery dogs (which every wine trip should include, right ?) GREAT job Andres .... can't wait for #3 !

Visited September 2012