“Giant Redwoods & Alcatraz Tour” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$164*
and up
Private Tour: Wine Country Day Trip from San...
Ranked #151 of 394 Activities in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company offers tours in the Northern California region, including Wine tours in Napa Valley and day trips to Yosemite National Park. We offer Hop on Hop off Buses around the city and Guided tours around the city. We are now offering tours to Monterrey Bay and Muir Woods National Monument.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Adelaide, Australia
26 attraction reviews
“Giant Redwoods & Alcatraz Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Both of these places were great to visit, I have to admit though that I was disappointed to do Alcatraz first (the tour is advertised the other way around), Make sure you are going to Muir Woods in the morning or you don't really get enough time at Alcatraz. The drivers/guides were all informative and courteous, I had a good day out.

San Francisco, California
“Good tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Took a tour with friends this past weekend (Sunday). Tour guide was very knowledgeable of the city and it's landmarks. The bus was spacious and clean ..and the ride was comfortable. I definitely recommend this tour it you want the Cliff note version of the city:)

Emeryville, CA
“Check out the Ultimate City Tour for a great overall experience (FUN!) of SF.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I'm a local and very familiar with San Francisco but had several friends in town from overseas. I thought the Ultimate City Tour would be a good choice to give them an overall overview of the city and it did not disappoint since we actually saw all the sights you would want to see from SF. What I didn't expect was that I'd learn a few things along the way including seeing the Victorians and learning about their history in a more in-depth way. Now I know what "Witch's Caps!" are . My friends really enjoyed it and so did I. We got to stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for picture ops, as well as on top of Twin Peaks which is my favorite view of the city! The bus was super comfortable and our driver actually was very pleasant. If you are looking for a great tour while having a comfortable nice ride, then I highly recommend Super Sightseeing Tours.

Burlingame, California
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This tour was incredibly informative and enjoyable. Our guide (I don't remember his name) was very knowledgable and funny! The Muir woods were incredible, and the view from Sausalito's dock was spectacular. The only problem was not enough time in either place. I would highly recommend this tour!

Albany, New York
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We only had a day to explore the city and decided to do the hop on hop off city tour. It was great. The bus was not crowded unlike the herds of people trying to cram on the red busses (the line in union square for the red busses was at least 75 people long). Got off when we wanted to and busses were pretty frequent. The bus stopped at golden gate park for 10 min which was nice we didn't have to wait for another one to come. Good choice for the price - if we had stayed another day it would have been free (2 days for the price of 1).