“Ok, but not as good as expected” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta. Our wine list was created by two Master Sommeliers; Nunzio Alioto and Chuck Furuya, you will find it extremely approached and well suited to our cuisine. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Edmonton, Canada
“Ok, but not as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We expected a lot given all the other great reviews, unfortunately Seven Hills didn't quite deliver. Interior is welcoming though tables are extremely close together. I've had Ravioli Uovo before, this one was bland. The Tortelli was soggy. These are basics that a restaurant of this quality should nail.
On the positive side, wine list was good and our server was excellent.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi StewSimon

Typically we get consistently high reviews. I am sorry that your dishes were not up to par on the night. I really wish you had let us know so that we could rectify the matter immediately. We are really focused on the food as well as the overall dining experience, If you are ever in SF again i really hope that you give us another opportunity to feed you.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We visited on a rainy December evening and we were not disappointed with the food and service we received plus great value for money. It is a cozy restaurant and my only negative observation would be that the tables were so close togther it made it difficult to enjoy a romantic dinner but we improvised and it worked out fine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi Alesi22

Thanks for the great review, I appreciated it very much, the reason we are pretty competitive is the fact that the tables are quite close. If we took away a few seats it would invariably have a negative impact on our prices. It's a double-edged sword. I am glad that you did not let it spoil your dinner with us. See you soon...

St. Cloud, MN
“memorable meal and personal touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I celebrated out 40th wedding anniversary with a trip to San Fran and wine country.
I made the reservation through Open Table based on reviews in Trip Advisor. I also mentioned we would be celebrating our anniversay. We were given complimentary champagne upon our arrival and seated at a window table. The host and waiter both congratulated us on 40 years of wedded bliss. The wine list is almost all from Italy; we enjoyed a bottle. My wife enjoyed a half order pasta while I opted for a full order. They were both delicious. The death by chocolate dessert was fantastic. We highly recommend Seven Hills for a memorable dinner in SF.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello Palladin

I am so glad that your chose SEVEN HILLS to celebrate such a landmark occasion. It has been difficult for us lately to meet peoples expectations, but i am so happy that we did with your dining experience. Perhaps we'll see you on your 45th anniversary if not before!

Satellite Beach, Florida
“My favorite after 60 years of eating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just joined tripadvisor tonight after relying on them for at least a year. I had to write reviews on my favorite dining experiences to pay back everyone for their great advice. Seven Hills is the best restaraunt my wife and I have ever dined. We were in SF about 5 months ago and stumbled upon this restaraunt via tripadvisor. Not only was the food creative and superb, the service was 5 star, too. And, the proprietor, Alexis, made us feel like family. Can't wait to return to SF to get spoiled again at Seven Hills.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hello G M

I must admit the title of your review is pretty cool. I am really glad that you joined us and we delivered on all aspects of your meal. I am looking forward to your next visit!!

Chicago
“Wonderful Choice..Thanks TripAdvisor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I found this great little Italian restaurant on TripAdvisor.

We enjoyed the food..the atmosphere..the service..and the company.
The proprietor was very friendly as were our wait staff. I was informed at the end of the night that they pooled their tips and that definitely explained why it was a true "team effort" ensuring that we all enjoyed ourselves.

Visited November 2012
Hi Midrad

I am so glad that you followed the Trip Advisor reviewers. They have been really good to us here at SEVEN HILLS. We are a small spot an find that pooling really helps everyone work well as a team. I am glad that you enjoyed all the aspects of your dining experience. Cheers.