“It's all about expectations.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta. Our wine list was created by two Master Sommeliers; Nunzio Alioto and Chuck Furuya, you will find it extremely approached and well suited to our cuisine. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Toronto
“It's all about expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is quite simply an amazing spot. But you need to be the kind of person who appreciates great food and service without pretense. No valet parking. 30-or-so seats. Consider yourself lucky to get one of them :) Make a reservation for sure. Yes...there is one bathroom. I met the owner, Alex, just outside the bathroom. Great guy, and we chatted at our table at length after. Lots of laughs. We love restaurants with character and darn great food, and this is exactly what you will get. Seven Hills is a neighbouhood spot.It's busy, it's popular, and the food and service are incredible. It's casual, yet the food is 5-star and plated beautifully. We think it was OUTSTANDING! Heirloom tomato appetizer...calamari appetizer...to die for. Just go. It really is a "5"!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Marafrom Toronto

Great review. THis is the sort of review i have been looking for. THanks for pointing out all that is great about my restaurant. We are a small spot but we are really focused on the food and the people. I can't wait to welcome you back into the restaurant, when hopefully I'll have two toilet options for you!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“cozy place to get some great italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

has a great neighborhood feel to it. super homemade pastas. would have liked a few more choices on the menu, but definitely a worthwhile choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi jdteeth

thanks for the review, i usually hear how varied our menu here is. Nonetheless you seemed to enjoy everything which is something i love to hear. Hope you have a great Christmas

Houston, Texas
“Hate to give it a 3, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I ate at Seven Hills on a Saturday with a 6pm reservation. We had heard rave reviews about the place and had booked the space almost 3 weeks in advance. When we arrived the restaurant was probably 85degrees inside, which was significantly warmer than outside. Then, we were seated directly next to another couple (and when I say, directly next to, I mean about 1.5 feet away). There were at least 4 tables to my right that would've separated us from them if only for 20 min or so before other diners arrived. Everyone is correct, the wine list is decent and the Ravioli Uovo is an absolute must. IT IS DELICIOUS! However, my husband's pasta dish was a bit bland although the homemade noodles were admittedly very good and the fried chicken that everyone raves about wasn't as impressive as I'd expected. Gave it a 3 because I'm spoiled when it comes to space and temperature. I was so distracted by the heat and the other patrons, that I had a very hard time focusing on my own conversation and food.

Visited October 2012
Hi Wmk191

THanks for the review, even though it wasn't great. There's nothing i can do about the temperature in the room SF has very few hot days and i'm pretty sure that 99% of restaurants do not have air conditioning. As far as the proximity of the tables is concerned that is pretty standard when it comes to neighborhood restaurant as we do not have lots of options when it comes to the next turn. Typically i do this if we have lot's of four tops coming in. My restaurant can get loud and i have done everything i can to combat this. Let us know in the future if you want to move table rather than letting it affect your meal. Your review was on balance pretty positive. THank you for taking the time out of your day to write about us.

Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Enjoyed our meal/experience at Seven Hills...excellent pasta accompanied by a bottle of Costa De Oro Pinot Noir...good service and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying themselves (us included).

Visited September 2012
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hi Joe

Lovely review, thanks very much, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything!
See you soon

Seven Hills
West Coast (of Lake Michigan)
“Great for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

So being my first visit to San Francisco I consulted Trip Advisor for some of the top (affordable) places to eat in the city. I discovered the rather high rating of Seven Hills, and to my surprise it was along the same trolley line that fronted my hotel. I made a same-day reservation and gave it a try.

To be honest, I'm not a fine dining connoisseur in any sense of the word, so I rate based on whether it tastes good, looks good and makes me feel as if the price I paid for the food and service made sense. Seven Hills scored pretty well in all areas, but when this site ranks you in the top-ten out of like 2000 restaurants in the city, I guess I expect to be blown away. And really I wasn't. But again, I'm no expert.

Still, it was a very good dining experience. My only complaint is that they didn't take American Express, which seems odd to me for a higher-end restaurant. No biggie, turns out they accept ye olde dollars.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Chaos Theory

Thanks for following the trip advisor reviews and checking us out. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything, we are in the business of feeding people here. Usually people say that we are on the pricier side so thanks for saying the opposite.
Hopefully we'll see you again on your next visit to SF.