“Great well-priced Italian Trattoria” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbacco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Battery
Transit: Embarcadero Bart Station, Embarcadero Muni Station and all lines that run through Market Street.
La Jolla, CA
“Great well-priced Italian Trattoria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

In a city of fabulous but pricey restaurants, Barbacco is a great find. The food is well cooked and while the portions are on the small side, the price is extremely reasonable. The restaurant decor is dressy casual and the restaurant offers both still and sparkling water on the house. Desserts are $3 to $5 and we had the panna cotta with berries that was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pleasanton, California
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The restaurant is small and it has a very modern atmosphere. They use iPads to see the menus. The space is narrow so they also have a bar seating set up. We got the bar seating eventhough we made reservations in advanced.
They serve modern Italian, casual food. The salads are good and tasty. You can have a small or entree size portion.

Visited April 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Nice service, food not so..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a dinner in the restaurant when visiting San Francisco. Though I booked a table for myself, there was no place when I came, even at the bar, so I waited for a place to be arranged and sat almost at the door... The food was ok in quality, but really not to my taste... For appetizer I had burrata with bruschetta and beet... I love burrata, but there was too much beet and I really didn't like how it all tasted... For the main dish the bartender recommended me pasta with pepperoni and some greens, but it was so salty and spicy, that I couldn't finish it.
Probably just was unlucky evening and unlucky choice, but still, the other Italian restaurant I visited in SF was so much better in terms of quality and taste, that I just can't give Barbacco a 4, though really nice and caring staff there. Sorry...

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Great Find!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I shared a variety of small plates - all so flavorful and creative. We sat at the bar and the bartender was great, offered suggestions and provided perfect service. Will definitely go again on our next visit to SF.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Kansas
“Every app on the menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great ambiance. Very knowledgeable wait staff - detailed the wine pairings very well and, more importantly, he was spot-on. Delicious authentic food. Delicious appetizers

Visited February 2013