“Great food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bisou French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #679 of 5,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: Muni Lines : F/K/L/M/S/T Bus Lines : 24/35
Severn, Maryland
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stopped by this restaurant and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was great and served in a decent amount of time. I would recommend my friends to this place.

Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Noisy and Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant by accident and it did not turn out to be a happy accident. Although there were tables for two available downstairs, we were escorted upstairs and originally placed right next to the bathroom. When I griped, they moved us. But we should have just left. Although we both had the French onion soup as an appetizer and it was fine, neither of us were thrilled with our entrees. My penne pasta was overcooked (you basically needed a spoon to pick it up) and the sauce was extremely runny. My friend had a chicken stuffed with sausage that he found flavorless. The waitstaff was zig-zagging between the oddly placed tables and they were okay. But I couldn't wait to leave and, if I lived in SF, I would not go back. Most restaurants in SF are lucky to last a year. I don't know when Bisou was founded, but I'd be surprised to find it still in business the next time I swing through SF.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food a tad noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Food is excellent, the bourguignon beef litterally melts in your mouth and is so tasty. Staff is very friendly, service is fast and efficient. A bit noisy for a romantic dinner...

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Imaginative delicious cuisine at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife has a habit of surprising the family. That is to say, she will not reveal where we are going or what we are doing until it almost happens. She does this as we are a bunch of control freaks and would never do anything if it were revealed in advance. That is how we ended up at Bisou with family and two of our seriously foodie friends. Every dish, from the Fava beans to the filet topped with foie gras, possessed unique flavors and combinations - each one terraced as to not overpower the whole. Typically when we go to a restaurant for a first time, we order a large variety from the menu and share. We did not find one dish that we did not like or did not rave about. No one secretly wished they had ordered what the other person had. The wine list was constructed from reasonably price Rhone and other regional wines - most in the $32 to $45 range which is pretty amazing for a restaurant in SF. And on the topic of price, the three course prix fixe was $35 - a terrific bargain. Service is prompt, not overly attentive (which I like) and energetic. I do not think anyone would be disappointed with choosing this restaurant. One word of caution - the food is rich so take along an extra statin pill to manage the cholesterol.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“european flair in a great us location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just finished eating at the bar at bisou. Gabe was an excellent bartender; very entertaing. The food was excellent, the location was great. I had the duck confit and would recommend it to anyone into european cuisine.

I was offered drinks on the house that were just fantastic. Very impressed. Can't wait to come back.

Visited May 2012