“Really enjoyable way to see San Francisco” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Really enjoyable way to see San Francisco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked the San Francisco 2-day Hop-on Hop-off City and Alcatraz (Bus) tour and the Muir Woods and Sausalito half-day tour. The 2-day pass was an excellent way to travel around and see the sights and of course the "not to be missed" trip over to Alcatraz which for us was one of the highlights. Also loved the trip to beautiful Muir Woods and the towering Redwood trees and the visit to quaint Sausalito. All was well organised and would recommend this tour company to others.

Visited March 2013

Colchester, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Napa Valley Wine Tour (with lunch)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Sounds attractive, butin fasct you vsiit 2 wineries in Sonoma Valley, have lunch in Sonoma and then spend the rest of the day drivign to Chandon in Napa to be then given a boring coprorate tour of the facility. We did not vist a Napa winery nor taste any Napa reds. Should be called Sonoma Valley wine tour.

That said, the driver/guide was very personable and made the trip interesting.

Mountain View, California
“Most horrid phone costumer service! Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I chose this tour as I read so many good reviewes about it, but here I am rating it with one star, and if I could 0 star. This rating is for the phone booking service: I have NEVER in my life faced costumers service that was THAT rude! The person who was suppose to give me the details of the meeting location hang up the call in my face because I asked him simple legitimate questions! he was extremely rude, obnoxious and condescending, in a VERY bad mood and with 0 patient! I only wanted to find out BASIC and important information about the tour metting location and instead I got nasty attitude! I personally WILL NOT recommend this tour as I believe that SUCH BAD costumer phone service is part of your whole experience, and instead of having a nice start of the day I had to stress out and call the, again to wait another 30 minutes on the line in hopes that this time someone more descent will answer! The tour was already booked, I was contacting them by phone as the voucher they should have sent never made it to my email!

Visited June 2013
“Hop on hop off tour not that good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

These guys came up as one of the first results in google for the hop on hop off in san fran. They seemed to have a good 2 day deal for about $35 and about 13 stops. They promised a bus every 20 mins and said I could use the receipt on my phone as the ticket.

Starting at union square we waited almost 40 mins for a bus. Line was huge. Lots of the other bus companies came multiple times except ours. Couldn't find the representative anywhere - he just magically reappeared when it can time to collect money for tickets. Regarding having my ticket on the phone, we were told we would have to get off the bus and go into the office at fishermans wharf, line up and get paper tickets! I get that they have a process but I felt there was a big mix match between the online experience and the reality- at least tell me about the process when I buy the tickets!
Also in person they aren't even called "all San fransisco tours" - their buses were called "San fransisco sightseeing" - very confusing when you're trying to find a bus!

We got on and off the bus a few times and each time we had to wait way more than 20 mins. The other companies seemed to have a lot more buses circulating.
Overall be cautious about the hop on hop off. A lot of times the stops are great and you can see a lot from the actual bus but it's not really the case here. Most of the time the stop was a while away - like for the pink ladies, haight/ ashbury etc.
The tour guides was a hit and miss as well - some were more knowledgeable than others. Some just made jokes. Some didn't say much at all.
Anyway I would choose a different bus company for the hop on hop off next time I am there - they may all generally be the same though and i may just have had a bad experience -- it may just be luck of the draw.

winnipeg
20 attraction reviews
“Grey line monterey and Carmel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Enjoyable day with Leo while seeing great scenery on coast
Could have used more time in second stop
Would recommend