“It's true - like stepping into a French Cafe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Ducroix

Restaurant Ducroix
690 Sacramento Street, (between Spring St & Kearny St), San Francisco, CA 94111 (Chinatown)
(415) 391-7195
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Knoxville, TN
“It's true - like stepping into a French Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a coupon from LivingSocial.com and decided to give it a try. We were the first people to arrive at 11:00, but by the time we left at 12:30 there was a line at the door. The food was absolutely amazing. So much flavor and so authentic. Our waitress spoke excellent English through a heavy French accent. The food was wonderful and the prices were just as great! It's a little out of the way in the Financial District but well worth your time to visit. Make reservations if you want a table!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
city
“Restaurant Ducroix is a gem for French cuisine by SFO Chinatown/Financial district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I went looking on Yelp for a French cuisine restaurant in San Francisco at a moderate price and came across this restaurant, which also offered a happy hour $22 three course prix fixe menu, $10 pitcher of wine, $1 off all drinks Wednesday-Friday 5pm-7pm. I asked how fast could I get out of here if I ordered the prix fixe dinner, and the waiter said in less than 30 minutes, as I wanted to be out of there before the hour. The atmosphere was dark, pleasant, somewhat smallish/intimate space with French music playing on low volume in the background. Brothers Etienne and Remi Ducroix, brings this wonderful French cuisine beautifully executed at down to earth prices.

I came here on a Friday, shortly after 5pm, ordered the prix fixe menu, vegetable soup, Coq Au Vin, and chocolate mousse were choices of the day on the prix fixe. Cut-up French baguette and butter arrived first and is a good starter/filler. The vegetable puree soup was excellent and delicious. The second course Coq Au Vin was sensational, so tasty, the first time I've had it. The third course, the chocolate mousse tasted good, but my complaint was that it was much thicker than I'm accustomed to. I didn't finished my meal in the time the waiter said, taking about 40 minutes, I left taking some more of their French baguette, more than satisfied, enjoyable, memorable meal. If you're in San Francisco, do come and have one of their delicious meals.

Lunch Monday-Friday 11am-3pm; dinner Monday-Thursday 5pm-8:30pm, Friday 5pm-9pm