“GREAT TOUR, GREAT DRIVER, GREAT PACIFIC!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Great Pacific Tour Co.

The Great Pacific Tour Co.
518 Octavia Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Hayes Valley)
415-626-4499
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
11 attraction reviews
“GREAT TOUR, GREAT DRIVER, GREAT PACIFIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My fiance and I took the Monterey/Carmel tour with Great Pacific on July 5th. I was looking forward to the 17 mile drive and visit to Pebble Beach, but I read that this itinerary would be changed if there was a golf tournament, There was in fact a tournament the week I went, and I called Great Pacific to ask whether this part would be cancelled. Their staff contacted Pebble Beach first before giving me an answer and I was happy to hear we would take the 17 mile drive. They could have said anything to me, maybe even given me a wrong answer to get my money. But they didn't. They provided accurate, honest information and I really appreciated that.
Regarding the tour, I feel it was one of the best I have taken so far. Their mini bus was a clean new, 12 passenger model with very comfortable seats. All 12 seats were taken when we went, and I must say all of us passengers got along well. This is one of the advantages of a smaller, intimate vehicle. Even the ride home was fun, we all talked and joked. We couldn't have done that in one of those big buses.
Included with this tour was an excellent lunch at a quaint restaraunt in Carmel. The food was great. With the small van, we were able to stop at sights which I am sure those big buses couldn't go to.
Our driver was not one on those verbose guides talking incessently and throwing in a few hints about a tip. She was informative and a great listener too, taking our questions and providing very interesting tidbits of the sites. All of us left the tour very satisfied.
We were very happy that we went with Great Pacific on this tour. I am sure you will be just as satisfied if you went with them as well.

Visited July 2011

Olney, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“Choose Great Pacific!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Just toured with them to see Muir Woods and Sausalito. Delightful 1/2 day trip and driver was so knowledgeable and nice. He could speak several languages and made our trip with him lots of fun. These transport buses are far nicer than other tour companies I've taken. Hats off to a class outfit! I'll definitely recommend them to everyone I know visiting San Francisco. Also thanks to the Grand Hyatt concierge desk for their recommendation on the best tour company out there!!

Visited June 2011
“Fantastic Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We did three tours with this company, Muir Woods, The City Tour and The Carmel/Monterey tour. Buddy Bates did a fabulous job showing us the majestic beauty of the Pacific Coast. This company provided us an awesome lunch at a great unique cafe in Carmel. We saw Pebble Beach, Hwy 1, Gilroy the garlic capitol, Monterey's breath taking coastline. We shopped in Carmel as well as Monterey. On the Muir Woods and City Tours, Judith showed us the entire city's highlights from a close up view that could only be seen from their smaller vans. Restroom stops were a breeze because our groups were so small. We highly recommend this company which was recommended to us in the Fodor's book.

“Fantastic Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Oakland, California
“Awesome Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We had a couple of friends visiting from South America and decided on taking them on a wine tour because we wanted to be able to do tasting of different wineries and nobody wanted to be a designated driver! We live in San Francisco and were reluctant to go on one of those "touristy tours". One of my girlfriends suggested Great Pacific Tour Company and I'm happy to report she was right about this small San Francisco company. Our tour guide, Buddy, was impressively knowledgeable and funny. We visited three wineries had lunch in Sonoma and were back to the city on time for dinner. I loved the Domaine Chandon and the smooth drive to the city through Napa and the Golden Gate. Everything was perfect!

Visited May 2011