“Also good pasta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen
53 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94103-3151 (SoMa)
415-278-0443
Neighborhood: SoMa
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Also good pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We discovered this place in Anaheim and thought we'd try it out in SF too.

My wife ordered the same pizza which was a thin base pepperoni but I ordered the chicken tequila fettuccine. Our waiter offered to add brococinni which I think made this dish.

My only complaint is our waiters hearing. I was repeating myself several times and even then he made a lot of mistakes.

Regardless this won't stop from visiting.

Istanbul, Turkey
“The attitude and service made me happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

It was just close by so I hopped in. I generally order Margarita so it is not a big deal for the restaurant. But if they can manage to do a Margarita bad then the restaurant is really bad. The food was ok but what i liked was the attitude of the staff. It was good.

Sydney, Australia
“A handy eatery that exudes Bistro atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The main feature of this restaurant is the dry rock walls that are at either end, relected in the large, round, subdued-lighting features. Like a lot of bistros, the kitchen is open to the public view and carries its own ambience a la Francaise. but yopu go to this "kitchen" for its specialties of pizzas (original hand-tossed or crispy thin), extensive salads and pastas or poultry, and Hispanic/Mediterranean-inspired appetizers. It also has take-aways if you'd prefer to eat in the comfort/convenience of your own hotel room. I never made it to the desserts, so generous are their portions. The wine list is extensice but not expensive and the service prompt, friendly and efficient. It's directly opposite the Westin on 3rd Street, close to Market Street, so it's in a pretty handy spot for business and vacation travellers alike.

Visited May 2014
LI, New York
“Good lunch choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Waiter was very upbeat, helpful and pleasant. Wish I could remember his name! Pizzas had good flavors. Salads were prepared well. Seating comfortable and staff attentive.

Visited February 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Amazing salad and pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have always been a fan of CPK in India and this was the first time I went to a CPK establishment in the US. This is a well located restaurant and did have quite a bit of diners. The staff here was great, and listened to our dietary requests. We got the Roasted Veggie Salad and the California Veggie Pizza on thin crust(minus cheese, mushrooms, and olives) but we asked for artichoke topping on the pizza. The thin crust at CPK is very crispy and tastes excellent. The salad was very good too. I like the fact that CPK's website also gives information on what one can eat if they are vegan, lacto-ovo vegetarian, etc. The restaurant has good ambiance and clean restrooms too. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited March 2014