“Nice coffee shop” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Austin, Texas
“Nice coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is in the lobby of the Villa Florence. Even though Starbucks is just a few doors down this place has a lot more charm and rarely any lines. Much better choice.

Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great coffee and pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Get your coffee in the morning here. Fresh Illy and fresh pastries. I skipped over Pete's as soon as I saw this place. Delish. And the staff is very friendly in the morning. The waitress there in the evening was a bit rude noting abruptly to us as she tossed a menu on the table that "we're only serving dessert"...how about a "hello" first?!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas
“Good food, very slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I ate at this restaurant twice while in town, mostly due to convenience. The crepe I had for breakfast was good as was the tuna sandwich and fresh fruit I had for lunch. I was immediately seated and the food came out promptly. Both times it took forever to get waited on. It did appear that one waitress was waiting on the entire place, which seemed unfair to her. She was quite busy so in my opinion they need to hire more help. I wanted some iced tea but they charge more than Starbuck's down the street, which I would much rather have.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Austria
“Great espresso and cornet to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you do not want to have breakfast buffets or loads of warm food to start your day, an espresso and cornetto at this bar is perfect, tastes like in Italy!

Visited July 2013
Carmel
“Dangerous-”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My daughter, a student in SF, was having a late breakfast of fruit and coffee with a friend at Bar Norcini last week. She sat just inside the restaurant next to the sidewalk. The large windows next to her facing the sidewalk were open since it was a beautiful day. 5 young men came up to the window from outside and began harassing her, trying to grab her I-Phone. She expressed disbelief to her friend sitting with her, "why aren't any of the staff intervening?" (she was later told by the manager "the staff will not intervene because their safety would be at risk" uh, does that include calling the police? Really? Finally the bar tender somewhat timidly asked the young men to leave her alone. They did not respond but kept up the harassment until one of the young men fell through the window across the table as if he had been hurt. My daughter jumped up to make sure he was in fact not hurt, and after he got off the table they ran off down Powell Street--yep, with her I-Phone in tow. After the police arrived the manager later expressed, "Even though we can see them harassing you on the surveillance tape, we cannot actually see them taking your I-Phone; we are not 'judge and jury' therefore it is not our responsibility." My daughter called me in tears, seriously upset and in shock over this terrible ordeal; I personally called the manager not believing they could be so callous. Customer beware: Bar Norcini owned and operated by Villa Florence Hotel does not provide even a reasonable expectation of safety while eating in their establishments. Thankfully there are other far better places in the City that don't agree and ensure a reasonable level of safety (and responsibility) for their patrons.

• Visited June 2013