“great visit to san fran” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 297 activities in San Francisco
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Specializing in Wine Country Tours. Edge of the World Tours = BIG FUN in small groups! *Edge of the World Tours ARE NOT 'Private' in the sense anyone outside of TripAdvisor company thinks of the term 'Private Tours.' EOW tours are 2-12 people, and we take online bookings from solo travelers, couples .. whoever, until the tour is sold out. We DO NOT do tours for private parties as the word 'Private Tours' implies. If you have questions, please call or email us at anytime. Thank you
Perth
3 attraction reviews
“great visit to san fran”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We did a wine tour with Edge of the World Tours. Don was entertaining, informative and fun for the whole time. Would definitely recommend Edge of the World tours to anyone!

Visited October 2012

Berwyn, PA
4 attraction reviews
“A Great Day in Sonoma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I took the Sonoma tour with Don. There were only two other people on the tour, so it felt like a private tour. When booking, all of our questions were promptly answered, payment was simple and Don followed up to assure we knew our pick-up time.

Don was most informative showing us the sights as we drove through the city and across the Golden Gate to Sonoma. We visited 3 very different wineries Jacuzzi, Larsen family and Cline, all good, with a lunch stop in between the second and third winery. If you go, I would recommend that you coordinate with Don, so that you can get a lunch reservation at The Girl and the Fig. The food and wine were spectacular.

The tour was never rushed and we sampled plenty of good wine. Being with Don felt like being taken to Sonoma by a friend not a guide. The stop in Sausalito was fun and the the view of the Golden Gate and the City at the Marin Headlands were spectacular.

For a great day in Sonoma, go with Don at Edge of the World Tours.

Visited February 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“lived up to all the excellent reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose Edge of the World Tours because of all the good reviews and was not disappointed.

What I also really appreciated was that Edge of the World Tours was happy to change the date of my booking with no questions asked because of a mistake I made when booking it. I was picked up at the exact time that I was told the night before. To top it all, Don gave me his camera to use during the trip (with my memory card) as I managed to drain the battery of my camera before we set off..

Oh, the vineyards, Sonoma town, Sausalito and the views of the bridge were great too - especially on a sunny and warm day! Don has an extremely engaging personality which made the trip feel more like a day out with friends.

Nikos.
Lisbon/Nicosia.

Visited February 2013
Dalkey, Ireland
14 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Don is a great team entertainer.
He picked me up at my hotel and we went to discover 4 wineries in Sonoma. Don has an extensive historical knowledge so he made the trip very interesting. We stopped in the old centre of Sonoma for lunch.
On our way back we stopped in Sausalito (just fantastic) and before the golden gate on a hill for asking some absolute fantastic picture.
At the end of the day, don dropped me in the middle of san fran as I wanted to visit by myself.
I would strongly recommend this tour.

Louisville, Kentucky
9 attraction reviews
“Two tours in two days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I too chose, Don, because of his excellent reviews on TA, and was very glad I did so!!! My husband was attending business classes, so I took the Sonoma Valley wine tour, and what a wonderful experience it was!! Don picked me up at my hotel and dropped me back off there at the end of the day. I was joined on this tour by another solo traveler so we were a very small group. Don is so personable and friendly I immediately felt at ease, and by the end of the day it was as though we were old friends. We visited the Palace of Fine Arts for a photo stop, then were off to wine country with stops at 3 wineries, Jacuzzi, Larson Family, and Robledo, and a lunch stop in historic Sonoma. We were never rushed and had plenty of time to enjoy the tastings and the beautiful and unique wineries. On the return trip we enjoyed a short stop in lovely Sausalito, and a stop in the Marin Headlands for photo ops which were breathtaking!! The next day husband and I both were picked up at our hotel by Don, and along with 5 others, we were off to see and tour the beautiful Muir Woods, followed by an extended lunch stop in Sausalito. On the return trip Don took us to a photo stop at Hawk's Hill in the Marin Headlands that had jaw dropping views! On both tours we were entertained with interesting facts and info about the sites and areas we were traveling to and through. I can't say enough good things about this operator. Would definitely use him if there's ever a next time!

Visited December 2012