“Killer Donuts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dynamo Donut & Coffee

Dynamo Donut & Coffee
2760 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94110-4263 (Mission District)
415-920-1978
Neighborhood: Mission District
San Francisco
“Killer Donuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had heard a lot about these donuts but am only getting around to trying them now and all I can say is they are absolutely delicious. The first thing we noticed is they aren't at all greasy like a lot of donuts can be. You can tell they're a higher quality product right away just by looking at them, to tell you the truth. We tried the Apricot Cardamom, the Ginger Orange, the Vanilla Bean and a Strawberry filled donut that I don't see on their menu on the website. All four flavors were excellent. Gotta try some other flavors next time. The Lemon Pistachio looks really good. I was in New York City a few months ago and went to the Doughnut Plant and would say these donuts are as good as those from Doughnut Plant. Now I just have to make sure I don't get too hooked on these things. They're that good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Menlo Park, California
“It's not just about the donuts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Though they are quite phenomenal. The store front is easy to miss, but the cool take out window welcomes you with a menu of the most original flavors when it comes to donuts. We tried the chocolate hazelnut rose geranium and the caramel de sel, simply outstanding. And there are about 10 other options that sounded just as delicious. But it is the little garden in the back that is a real gem. It can't hurt that we happened to be there on one of the nicest days in San Francisco, the butterflies fluttering all around, and it wasn't crowded, so we got to sit at our leisure. Treat yourself to one of these donuts if you are in the Mission, they won't disappoint.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We vacationed in CA this summer and worked our way up the coast. I have spent much time lately on tripadvisor as a consumer and reviewer! Neighbors of ours went to San Fran earlier in the summer and found this fun Donut shop. Since our trip to San Fran was with kids this summer, we realized a good attention keeper is for all outings to be centered around food: Tea in China town; Calamari in Sausalito; ice cream in Ghirardelli Square... Well breakfast at Dynamo Donuts did not disappoint. Being continual "late risers" we were not the early worms that morning and arrived when the donuts were picked over. However, there were still plenty of yummy flavors. We got one of each and split them for all of us to share. My favorite was the Sea Salt Caramel with chopped peanuts over the top... to die for. However, the Chocolate Anis was a favorite for the kids and my husband liked the sticky bun and blackberry bear claw. I had read about this fun donut shop before visiting and read about the owner Sara and her fun flavors and famous Bacon donut. We were bummed that we were too late to try the Bacon donut! However, we just happened to be there when Sara was there working her magic and she was absolutely too kind to let us have the fresh Bacon donuts she was preparing right out of the oven! What an added treat. We will definitely be back and it will continue to be a "must do" in our San Francisco book.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Visalia, CA
“Maybe the best donuts I've had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stopped by the Marina kiosk to try some of these donuts. Knew exactly what kind I wanted but they threw me a curve when they only had a 5-6 to choose from and I had to decide all over again. The donuts are relatively expensive so I only got a few to share with my family. Got the caramel del sel, the passionfruit glazed, and 2 of the maple bacon. Can't remember for sure but I think it cost around $10. They were all pretty good. My wife was skeptical about the maple bacon but it was really good & we both liked it. The carmel del sel was pretty good too. My least favorite was the passionfruit but that was still pretty good. The glaze was really tasty just wasn't that big on the chocolate. Of the 3 I tried the maple bacon was probably the best but the caramel was right behind.
If you like donuts you should probably go by and try some at one of their locations. I think I will next time I'm in town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited this cute and comfy shop while in vacation and were not disappointed. The Bread Pudding donut and lattes were excellent, and service was great with fun personalities! We're on day four of our trip and this is still our favorite breakfast stop. Get there early for their famed Bacon Maple donut.

• Visited July 2013