“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lombard Plaza Motel

You added Lombard Plaza Motel to your Saves list
Lombard Plaza Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2026 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)   |
Ranked #168 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Lethbridge, Canada
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this motel for a week and loved it. It may look a little rough on the outside but the room we had was renovated very nicely. The bathroom was great with the tile work. It's nice having laminate as opposed to carpet in a room. The only drawback was the bed was very creaky when getting in and out of bed. Location is excellent as there is a great sushi place right next door that we ate at 3 times. The staff working the desk were very helpful with us and always very polite when we had questions. Overall I'd say it was a great value for the money spent

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

i recently stayed at the lombard plaza motel and had an issue once checking out. the staff were extremely unprofessional and were not willing to help out one bit. i did speak to a manager that assured me the problem would be fixed, but after follow up phone calls this "manager" no longer existed and the conversation was halted by a disconnected phone. every phone call after that was answered and immediately hung up on. If you ever decide to stay here (i hope you don't) get in before the night manager is on! he is definitely the worst of them all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Washington State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Small room, tiny bathroom with only a shower (but the bathroom is clean and updated, and unless you are really into baths, it's just fine). No security lock on door, no curtains, just blinds, with bright lights right outside the window. It was like trying to sleep in broad daylight! The rooms are all non-smoking rooms, but people just congregate on the balcony (sometimes right outside your door) to smoke. It's right on a very busy street, so it's very noisy at night. Keep the fan on for white noise, if you want to get any sleep!
The first night we were there, it was prom night, and there was a loud, drunken party going on next door. The management did not ask them to leave till after 2 a.m.
On the other hand, management was very responsive to our requests (to fix the shower door closure and the smoke alarm, and to provide extra towels). The sign says that they are under new management, so maybe things will improve. Hope so!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night on a short visit to San Fransisco. The price was good for where we were and a big bonus was the free parking with the hotel. Check in was easy and after a problem with our key not working, the receptionist sorted this straight away.

The room was a good size with 2 double beds and what looked like very new bed sheets and pillows. The room offered a good sized shower room and seperate wash basin. There were also coffee making facilities (Normal and Decaf filter coffee).

The location was great as we walked up Lombard Street towards the wonky road and the views from there were lovely then continued on our sight seeing trip.

The chair at the desk was a little bit dated but other than that it was a much better experience than previous reviews had said. I was a bit worried after we booked it and then read the reports!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pemberton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Good value for money compared to other options in the area. "James" our host, went out of his way to help, was very friendly and accommodating. He and his family have taken over the management of this establishment recently and have undertaken a program of renovating the rooms. We were fortunate enough to have one of the refurbished rooms - excellent bathroom and very clean too. Ideally located near all the attractions of Fisherman's wharf.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms, although they should all be renovated in the near future.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

First of all, the room smelled like smoke (and it was supposed to be a non-smoking room). There were burn marks on the comforter and the blanket. I killed a roach that was crawling on the wall in room #21. The chairs were disgustingly filthy and dirty, I didn't dare put my things on them. I had to put my things only on the counters after wiping them down. The people in the "office" (if you can even call it that) didn't really seem surprised nor did they care to move me to a different room. Forget about asking for a refund. So it was either sleep there feeling itchy or sleep in the car, which was not the best weather to try that. I will NEVER sleep at this motel ever again and hope that they either do improvements or go out of business so no one else has to go through what I went through while I was there.

A last minute booking didn't leave me with many options and since I didn't have a lot of money I figured I was getting a deal in booking this room. What a mistake that was. I wish I had read the reviews on here first BEFORE making that mistake again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Fjardhundra, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My mother and I decided to stay at this motel since we needed a place to crash while running around the city for a weekend. Considering the price and location- it was excellent! Chestnut St and several restaurants are right around the corner. The 30 Stockton, and the 22 Fillmore buses stop just a block away, so we could go to our favorite haunts in town. And the price of the room didn't break our SF budget.
When I booked the room, I did not expect much considering that it was a small motel on Lombard- "motel row". All we wanted was a bed, clean room, tv and refrigerator. And this place definitely met our needs.
I travel a lot for work, and spend more time in hotels than I do at home. But this is probably one of the better low-budget motels I have stayed at. At the time we stayed, they were renovating the rooms (not so we noticed it though). It seems like the new owners/managers have taken consideration to previous complaints and are working hard at improving the rooms. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I heard that when the ground floor rooms are finished, they will have hardwood floors which will be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lombard Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!