“Don t go there please - Sad experience - Doubtful manager” 1 of 5 stars

Lombard Plaza Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2026 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina)   |
Ranked #180 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
France
“Don t go there please - Sad experience - Doubtful manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We book online the hotel before with credit card security. As we came, the first think the manager wanted to do is to copy the credit card. We pay in advance the 4 nights but he wanted a guaranty.

As we see the room, we ask ourself for what he needed a guaranty ??? It was loud, sad wall. They just renove the bathroom part, so that was OK but the bed... boubou: bugs ? Hairs ?...

We had also a very bad feeling as we see another customer/european tourist, making photo from the hotel and be verbally totally attacked from the cleaning employees (bad boys like as they just came out the jail - bou - they are the one who clean the room... i understand now...) - on his place I would be scared. But we could do and say nothing because we know they have a copy of the credit card...

Other information: the hotel is located near a very crowdy street...

Room Tip: If you had to go there. Ask for the room as far as possible from the street and take care by the end...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had four nights in San Francisco with a rental car to see the city. Lombard had free parking and was relatively central to the Marina and Fisherman's wharf districts, as well as other main attractions. The room was basic, and very dated but clean. We received a discounted rate due to refurbishment going on within the motel. There is quite a bit of road noise and it was a little noisy, but we didnt mind. The motel's staff were really helpful and friendly, offering maps and advice. There was also free wifi which was great. The Thai restaurant about 50m down the road (Benjarong Thai) is amazing!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Myself and my boyfriend were having difficulty finding accommodation in San FRancisco as 41,000 Oracle Conference attendees were in town at the same time as us. We finally found this Motel and booked it on line at a price of $269 per night for 5 nights.

The decor of the room was old seventies style flowery bedspreads etc and one of the locks on the door was broken. I went into the bathroom and immediately saw blond,brown and even black hair in the shower tray indicating to me that this had not been clenaed after the departure of one but a numberof guests. I immediately pulled back the bedspread to see another balck curly hair on the sheets. As we could not find any other accommodation I decided to out up with it and asked the manager to change the sheets immediately and scrub the bathroom in the morning.

The sheets were changed and the following day we came back and the bathroom had not been scrubbed at all. The lock on the door had been replaced. I met the male cleaner outside and asked him again to scrub the bathroom. We went out for food and when we came back the bath room had still not been cleaned. At this stage I also notice 6 bites on my lower back which a month later I still have leftover marks from! I must have gotten these bites from the bed. I had pyjamas on and I was bitten on the side that I lie on in the bed and the only place where there was a gap between the top and bottom of the pyjamas.

Again as accommodation availability I decided to give it one more chance and that night I wore two pairs of pyjamas, socks with the pyjamas tucked in and a hoody!. Even this did not work- the following day I had a bite on my ear,arm,leg and the other side of my back. I couldn't take anymore and we booked out and luckily got a room in the Holiday Inn(which I highly recommend by the way). The manager refunded 2 of our 5 night stay only. I didn't even bother complaining but vowed I would write this review to warn others!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel after having tremendous problems finding accommodation in San Francisco. On a bright note, the brothers that run the place are pleasant and very welcoming. The hotel however is dirty, down trodden, in need of major renovations and majorly overpriced. we didn't feel safe at the hotel and placed things against the door to act a s a barrier. The bathroom had been renovated but the mattresses were so old, they had a "V shape" to them so one kept rolling into the middle all night. The towels were small and paper thin. The rooms smelt dank and dusty. The stair wells were filthy dirty unpainted and smelt of urine. The hotel was unpainted and in some rooms there were sheets as curtains. There was no fridge in our room. We cut our stay short in San Fran because we didn't want to stay here another night. It is unfortunate that such hotels are allowed to operate as such. Apologies for the poor review, but we definitely wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Lombard Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!