“Lovin' loving hut” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
1365 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)
(415) 362-2199
Neighborhood: North Beach
Waikato
“Lovin' loving hut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Found this little gem in the middle of bustling china town. Excellent food at reasonable prices. We kept going back. Our favourite dish was aubergine and tofu on a sizzling platter.
There is also educational material on going vegetarian. It is certainly making me consider.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“Great authentic Chinese vegan food. Especially if you tune out the spiritual master overtones!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a recent trip to San Francisco looking for vegan food. They have a huge menu and we tried several dishes, all of which were tasty and good value. In particular it was nice to be able to order some dishes (e.g. bao) that are usually only made with meat.

The service is pretty basic and brusque, but efficient.

The restaurant is apparently connected with Supreme Master Ching Hai and throughout our lunch there was a DVD playing of some of her speeches on the TV. Pretty easy to tune out, but if you look around there is literature on hand for various causes and spiritual matters.

Didn't bother me, but it might some visitors.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“One place I can eat at on a regular basis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I love going out for a bite but after a time I cant go back to a place. Loving hut is an exception.....I am so hooked on to this place. I had my friend visit me and he is non vegetarian.....when I told hi we are going to a vegan place for dinner he was not too excited but was being polite :) I knew he'd be in for a surprise :) he was and I loved it!!!

I love that I can have steamed kale and delicious soup for lunch. Its so good!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mike777
“Lovely place for an excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just found this restaurant while wandering in Chinatown with my mom.
Clean white restaurant ( unlike some others nearby!), lovely smiling staff. We went for the lunch speacial: Soup, Rice And 2 hot choices, And a pot of loose tea . Very nice and very cheap, an address to remember when visiting Chinatown in SFO. Some of the a la carte dishes ordered by the other numerous clients looked great too! Can't wait to go back, Michael

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Food with a heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This restaurant has heart! Their message of compassion and peace is served up alongside tasty, organic, vegan asian fare. Try the spicy cha-cha for the "omg I can't believe it's not real shrimp" shrimp. :)

Visited July 2012