“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   589 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Ranked #166 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Comfy room and clean but not refined .A little over priced for somewhere to put your head for the night as out for the days .But ...... Great location and helpful staff and threw in a free breakfast voucher for us in the cafe next

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Let us thank you for choosing the Post Hotel. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay.

We thank you for appreciating our unbeatable location, and accommodating staff.

It was wonderful to have you with us. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Århus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The lobby is small with old furniture and carpet. Behind the desk you will find a 24 hour reception, video survailance monitors and printed out notes saying stuff like "ALL ROOMS MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE".

The elevator is so old that it is actually pretty cool.

You will find some guests on this hotel that do not look like your normal tourists or buisness travelers. They might occupy the cheaper rooms without private path. There is a shared kitchen also if you want to Cook your own food.

I had a deluxe room for 7 days. The room is very basic, but everything Works and it is clean. The internet was fast, free and worked all the time.

No problems with noice except for the pipes in the Building making strange sounds one of the nights.

You can go from the hotel to union Square without problems any time. Use Powell street if you want to go Down to market street without going through a lot of homeless people.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We continually seek ways to grow and improve further, hence your feedback is of great value to us.

We are delighted to read that overall you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. Thank you so much for appreciating our accommodation and services which we take immense pride in, as well as our reasonable prices.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town. It would be a pleasure to serve you.
Ann Arbor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I can't believe I was suckered into paying so much for this place. I thought I'd pay more since other cheaper hotels in SF had not been great, and this place was still more expensive while supposedly on sale - I had to pay in advance. It seems people live there, likely low-rent with shared bathrooms. "Hotel" room had its own bathroom thank God, but it wasn't clean. Found sticky stuff on bathroom floor and hairs that I cleaned up myself. The whole room was small so not much space to move and no desk to set up a laptop, while the bathroom was strangely spacious. Everything shoddily renovated. There were signs up for the residents to cooperate with the pest control company! I tried my hardest to leave the place after one night but due to external booking I was out of luck. It was hard to communicate with the front staff. Don't make the same mistake - there are real hotels even in this area that can be had for similar price (at least if you get a deal). Look for a nice lobby, good reviews and free wine hour if you're going off-brand (which most of the hotels in SF are). There are at least two more local hotel chains that offer good hotels as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience incurred during your stay. As we are after to provide quality service that all our customers deserve, we will surely not take for granted all your concerns regarding our rate, the cleanliness of our room and bathroom, and customer service. Rest assured that we will do our best to improve our services to serve you better.
Sundsvall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great value for the money!
We had a room with an ensuite bathroom and were really impressed. The room is big and the tv have an endless option of channels. Near Union Square and when we were there, during Thanksgiving, we were invited to participate in the hotels thanksgiving dinner. (Unfortunately we couldn't since both of us had gotten sick days before). The staff is nice and there is a lot of dining options around the hotel.

Nice, clean and cozy room and a friendly atmosphere. One of the best hotels we stayed at in San Fransisco. .
Here's a pic http://beammedown.blogg.se/2013/november/hotell-hotell-hotell.html

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our hotel. It is our goal to always give what is best to all our customers, so we really appreciate that you recognized our room, bathroom, location, and customer service. Thank you for considering us as one of the best hotels in San Francisco. We hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The room is small but clean. The location is so good that it just take minutes to get to the shopping mall cluster. And good place to have food and everything. Adding the safe place. it is so good. I will choose this hotel again if I go next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review about your recent stay. It is wonderful that you found our location so convenient and safe. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back very soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is the real review of this hotel. I'm an italian student who has lived in this hotel for two months, so I perfectly know which are the counterpoints and what is not good. I'm actually here and I will leave in two days.
First, the position is awesome: two blocks from Union Square, four from powell station and served by bus and tram. Both if you are looking for a few nights or for a long staying, all the facilities are near. It is located in the centre of Downtown and there are plenty of shops and restaurant and, as I said, you can get quickly to all transports.
Furthermore the staff is really polite, when I had question or trouble ( in two months a few of them happened ) they always were kind and helped me in finding a solution. They all have lived here in San Francisco for years, so ask them for every information, they will make you save money.
About the furnitures, of course, is not a five star hotel, so you cannot expect things that you will never have. However for the price you pay, the ratio quality/price is very good: rooms are ok and clean, once a week there is housekeeping, there are healthy control every month, and shared restrooms and showers also are cleaned almost 5 times a day. They have both rooms with private bathrooms and shared ones, which I enjoyed. There are also a big kitchen, served of almost all dishes and a laundry.
In conclusion, if you are not interested in spending a lot of money this hotel is the best you can get, of course sometimes there are tenants who do not respect rules and steal pads from the kitchen or leave restrooms and shower as a jungle, but this is a problem of customers, not of the hotel! All the reviews i read here do not consider this fact: most of people are not well educated, if they were this place would be really amazing. As a whole I will definitely come back here for another staying in San Francisco, because the excellent staff let me feel like at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Federico,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this in-depth and candid review of our Hotel. You have been a valued guest of ours for quite some time and we appreciate your business tremendously. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here recently while in San Francisco. I needed an affordable play to stay for one night and this was it.

Pros: Excellent location, very close to everything you need, including restaurants, shops and sightseeing. Owner and staff were extremely friendly let me check in early, and helped me find transportation, attractions, as well as use their computer and phone. The old elevator is very cool!

Cons: The washrooms are very rundown. I wasn't impressed that the showers and toilets are in 2 separate rooms, which are incredibly tiny. I'm a small person, but they were tight. They also had no garbages in them. Their clientele seems to be predominately male, so I wonder if they've considered that sometimes women need a garbage for various items?? It would also be helpful to have ledges in the shower were you could put your products. There was also pee on the toilet seat several times, and toilet paper scattered throughout the floor. The bedroom was clean, and did have a sink, but the washrooms really need to be updated and cleaned more frequently.
Also a warning: I felt fine, but if you are a single, female staying here you might feel a bit unsafe, as there seem to by only men staying here, and some of them look strange...

I would stay here again if I needed somewhere affordable to stay, but overall, I would prefer that they raise the rates (a bit) and make a few more improvements to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing this experience you had at our Hotel. The feedback is very valuable and helps us assess what areas we can improve upon. We will be taking your comments regarding the washrooms into consideration and we appreciate your positive remarks regarding our location and staff. We are glad to hear that you would stay with us again and hope we get the chance to show you that your comments have been acknowledged and appreciated.

Been to Post Hotel? Share your experiences!