“BEST PIZZA EVER” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tony's Pizza Napoletana

Tony's Pizza Napoletana
1570 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94133-3306 (North Beach)
415-835-9888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 5,012 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: North Beach
Los Angeles, California
“BEST PIZZA EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

OMG, their Pizza is so amazing! I didn't want to wait to eat in the restaurant, so I went to their little to-go stand, and it wasn't mediocre or less than par just because it wasn't the main restaurant. It was superb! I got a cheese pizza just to pass time and it ended up being my favorite!! Fast, Quick and Easy!! you can even call ahead if you want! GREAT STUFF!

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
“Go to Tony’s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Their Americano is the best pizza I have ever eaten. Seriously, the best. I heard that Tony's pizza won an award for his pizza's in Italy recently. I had the takeaway twice as it is always busy. Go to Tony’s.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Anyone with an affinity for pizza simply must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had originally intended to go to Mamas on Washington Square at around 11.15am but the queue was mad, so I researched Tony's nearby and decided to go. I am so glad I did. We got there around 11.50am after a walk around, and already a queue had formed. Opening time was midday (Thursday) and by 12.15pm the restaurant was completely full. The menu is huge, with around 8-10 different types of pizza (by types I mean methods of cooking) all which turn out very different types of pizza. Some very crispy, some more gooey, some square and some round etc. They have coal ovens, wood fired ovens and gas ovens, each cooking the pizzas at different temperatures. I would strongly recommend that anyone who goes tell the waitresses exactly what type of pizza they like (ie crispy thin base, gooeyer thicker base etc) before they order. Within each section of cooking style, there are then the toppings. Again, many do not have a tomato sauce (not all that clear) so make sure if you want a traditional tomato sauce you order a pizza with it by checking with the staff! We had two types of pizza to share, the 'Cal Italia' (Classic Italian Style) and the Californian style 'The Barcelona'. The first very crispy but superb taste (no tomato sauce) and the second more traditional gooey centre (ie you fold your slices) and crunchy crust. This was my favourite. We also had garlic bread with cheese to share, and that was huge! Be warned. Many of the starter portions are massive (we saw them go past) and so just take that into account. But this really is a must visit place, just make sure you use the waiters knowledge to ensure you get the right pizza for you!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clifton Park, New York
“Great late night pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

By the time we got to Tony's, it was crowded and quite late on a Saturday night. Did have a reservation so we only had to wait a few minutes to be seated. Service was very good. The pizza was great; we shared two large pizzas for the 5 of us and both were totally devoured. We actually closed the place. Very upbeat atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Great pizza here, the menu is huge with all kids of pizza offered. They also have an incredible gluten free pizza. Best I've ever had.

Visited September 2013