“Nice atmosphere, live music, can't go wrong!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bimbo's

Bimbo's
1025 Columbus Ave. at Chestnut St., North Beach, San Francisco, CA (Russian Hill)
415-474-0365
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 283 Nightlife in San Francisco
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Clubs
More attraction details
Owner description: Fashionable since the 1950s, this club continues to attract the best lounge acts and the hottest music.
Sacramento
11 attraction reviews
“Nice atmosphere, live music, can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Awesome venue, went to see a MJ tribute concert for Halloween and it was worth it. The band was good, had everyone on their feet. The place is not too big or small and makes for a nice intimate setting to enjoy with close friends. The ticket prices were reasonable too.

Make sure you take your cash since its a cash bar only. There is an ATM machine outside.

Visited October 2011

San Francisco
19 attraction reviews
“Bimbo's 365 Club is Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have been going to Bimbo's 365 Club for years and have seen all kinds of performances there from Robin Williams to Rodney Crowell to Macy Gray to Chris Isaak to Gato Barbieri to Raul Malo. It is, by far, one of the best venues for entertainment in San Francisco. What's great about it is it has basically looked the same for years which is one of the reasons people love this venue so much. The acoustics are excellent. I have always had a wonderful time whenever I've gone to Bimbo's and never get tired of seeing people perform there. The tickets are generally very reasonable and it's a very nice intimate setting. I can only hope that Bimbo's 365 Club is around forever and ever. It's absolutely one of my favorite nightclubs. If you've never been there, you are missing something special. Go check it out one of these days.

Visited October 2010
San Francisco, California
“Great venue to see live bands & events”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I LOVE this venue! Why the 1 point off? I found that the website is very misleading. 2 drink min. required....but they have no way of keeping track if you have had 1,2, 12 or way more than you should they will never know when it's open seating and dancing. I also felt that the food menu (only 4 items) was not worth while. Our server was not the happiest person in the world either; she came back with our drinks (- the food) and said she needed to be paid now. I said I needed to go to the ATM and if I could pay when the food came. She said no and waited for me to grab $. The place is cash only....there is an ATM machine inside that will charge you $2.50 fee....so pull out what you need or be sure to have enough cash on you for the night. The bar never stopped serving nor put a cap on the amount of drinks 1 person could order. At some point the bar has a duty to stop serving if people can't focus or speak clearly. We were sitting right next to the bar and could clearly see the ones that shouldn't of had anymore to drink.
Aside from that, the place is awesome! Great dance floor, sound system and interior. Tip the lady cleaning the bathroom and don't be so rude that you can't clean up after yourself. No one wants that job....put yourself in that persons shoes and think twice before leaving your dirty items around for them to clean up after you.
Parking is difficult; if you get lucky parking on the street, make sure you read the signs or you may not find your car there when you return.

Visited July 2011
Waukesha, WI
8 attraction reviews
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

I planned on going to the Isaac Delgado show here. I was going to call and order tickets, but on our way back to our hotel we came across the club and there were 2 guys at the door. I asked them if I could buy tickets for the 10pm show(it was 6) they told me that I had to get in line, there was no line. They told me that I was the line and that I had to get back behind the rope! They were very rude and didn't look at me at all, kind of looked past me. Some other people showed up that had tickets for the early show and they were also told to get in line, but on the other side! It was pretty funny, very arrogant staff. We left. If you work someplace and someone asks you a question, you should be courtious and not act like this customer is interupting you, especially if you are just standing there.

California
“Bebel Gilberto Concert”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Pros: Bebel Gilberto was wonderful, an awesome, sensual show. Beautiful club.
Cons: If you want to actually see the artist, don't get a table on the floor because it's standing room only, in front of the best tables. Either sit at a higher table in the back or stand in the crowd. One problem with standing in the crowd was there were a lot of people making out right in the middle of the crowd. We moved a couple of times through the crowd to try to avoid this but everywhere we went it seemed that this was the place for girl on girl action. Two girls were making out with each other and also making out with guys in the crowd. Did they think this was a concert or an orgy? Get a room, others are here to see the show!
Another problem was the woman working in the bathroom. She was annoying. She insisted on giving a towel to people so she could get a tip, and wouldn't let anyone get their own towel. She shouted, hurry up! Note to Bimbo management: The bathroom is too small to have a big woman in there annoying the patrons.