“Life with Walt” 4 of 5 stars

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Life with Walt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a talent and gift to us. Everything from the early "Steamboat Willy" to Mickey, his friends,
the theme parks and the movies. A very accessible venue with more info than you ever knew about Walt, his family, and the genius of his many inventions.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Great for families and adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to the museum because one of our favorite children's book illustrator, Mary Blair, had an exhibit at the museum. Even though we went to the museum for the Mary Blair exhibit, we thoroughly enjoyed the Disney exhibit as well. I was pleasantly surprised! Beautifully designed, great information on Walt, visually stunning!

Visited July 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Absolutely loved my trip to the museum! I wasnt sure what to expect but i was blown away! You follow Walt Disneys life from before he was even born, right up to the day he died.. Walking through around 17 different rooms you learn about all aspects of his life and career. Brought a tear to my eye. To finish it off there was a film in the theatre where you watch him bring some of his work to life! What a wonderful museum! Theres also an interactive area where you can make your own short animation film and also an area for children to draw and create. Loved it!!

Sacramento, California
5 attraction reviews
“So Impressed - Walt Disney was the Man!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I decided to surprise my husband and son(15) and take them to the Disney museum in San Francisco. I knew very little about the museum with the exception that it was easy to get to and that a few of my friends recommended it without much explanation. I assumed that we would learn everything there was to know about the Disney characters and how Disneyland came to fruition. I was so pleasantly surprised that the museum was much more. The displays were about both Walt Disney the man and the dream of Disneyland. We spent several hours there and I was quite sad towards the end when his dreams ended with his death. I don't recommend this museum for young children - I don't believe there is enough to keep them entertained, however, if you love history and are interested in everything Disney, this is the museum for you.

Visited June 2014
Aurora, Canada
“So much to see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Everything you ever wanted to know about Walt and the Disney family. We enjoyed every minute. Diane has shared so much about the Disney family history and we really felt like we got to know the man behind the mouse.

Visited July 2014