“What a story about an American icon.........” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$19*
and up
The Walt Disney Family Museum Admission in San...
Ranked #7 of 317 Attractions in San Francisco
Type: Disney, Museums
Brenham, Texas
43 attraction reviews
“What a story about an American icon.........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The life and times of Walt Disney and his family were presented in an open and honest way. What an impression this museum left with us! Fantastic and very well presented. The only issue is getting to and from the museum which is located within The Presidio - a challenge but doable and worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
19 attraction reviews
“A little pricey, but fascinating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Note that this is about Walt Disney and HIS family, and not necessarily a museum that the whole family (i.e. very young children) will find enjoyable. Fascinating look into the history of Walt Disney "the person", his family history, and how he developed his talents into what it is today. Also delves into the technical aspects of cartoon motion picture production and cartoon character development throughout his career. Not your usual kiddie Disney experience, BUT in typical Disney fashion, the museum ends at the gift shop!

Stamford, CT
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous tribute to Walt Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really thought this was a terrific museum. Lots of interactive exhibitions - video, audio, photos. Allow enough time - it is extensive!!!!

San Francisco
“Lovely sight, fascinating collection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We became members after visiting once. The Presidio is a lovely location, the museum has a fascinating standing collection about Disney the man and the empire, and their film room is much like the one at Dolby--a wonderful space (all digital showings, I think).

Chico, California
36 attraction reviews
“Fantastic for Disney fans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I went to the museum for the first time this weekend. I am a huge fan of anything Disney, but my husband isn't so much, and he even enjoyed it a lot more than he thought he would. I thought it was fantastic! I love learning new things about Disney and Walt's life, and they have so much to see that it was really interesting for me. It took us about three hours to get through the whole thing, and we didn't even read every single thing there was to read. Our favorite part was the replica of Disneyland... I think we spent about 30 minutes just looking at all the details. A warning for anyone who feels personally attached to Walt Disney and his story: there is a room at the end that talks about his death and has some drawings of Mickey Mouse crying. I totally lost it and was bawling uncontrollaby. No one else seemed to be, so maybe I just get more emotional about it because I really feel a connection to it. But overall I would highly recommend this museum to anyone who enjoys Disney, or even just to learn more about his life. It was very entertaining and informational.