“Better deep dish pizza than Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capo's

Capo's
641 Vallejo Street, San Francisco, CA (Chinatown)
(415) 986-8998
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capo's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Webster, New York
“Better deep dish pizza than Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've had Deep Dish in Chicago's Gino's East and I would say this is superior. I actually don't like deep dish pizza but this place might make me change that opinion.

My friends took me here on a Wednesday evening and we had no trouble getting a table for 8 to sit the 6 of us. We splint 2 pizzas (one think and one thin) and a 2 appetizers family style and I walked away with half the deep dish chicago style pizza as a leftover.

We order some of their cocktails and I believe everyone liked the ones they had. I the one I had might of been a bit sweet but it was prepped very well and the bartender did a good job of making a show of it for us. My wife might complain they didn't have amaretto for her drink (which I liked since she needs to try new things).

As a warning the restaurant is a cash only establishment which if you're prepped is not an issue. The final bill was of the right value though if you get cocktails it's a bit expensive to get more than one for yourself. They have a few good beers as well at a reasonable price. If I came back to SF I would definitely make the trip back here for a pizza.

• Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a perfect, delicious, unpretentious meal. Bring 5 of your friends because there is no way to eat more than one slice of their exceptional deep dish pizza, especially if you have one of their fabulous starters. We were given a large comfortable booth with our child and the staff could not have been nicer. There is a bit of a wait for the pizza because it is scratch made perfection but you hardly notice because the drinks are delicious and the surroundings are pleasant and comfortable.

Visited September 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Fishermans Wharf area a great spot food was really good I would highly recommend this restaurant great location within walking distance from the wharf area ate here twice you will not be disappointed great bar tenders as well!

Visited September 2013
Irvine, California
“We will eat here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great atmosphere, friendly staff and good food! What more can you ask for. We ordered a thin and a thick pizza...thin is much better although both were good.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recently dined at Capo's quite by accident after a local recommended it while we were in Little Italy. It was superb! We were greeted by name at the door, taken directly to our table. Service was very good throughout our dinner. We ordered appetizers, then the deep dish pizza and pesto chicken pasta.... everything was delish!! The deep dish pizza is just sinfully good but my favorite was the pasta...yum. There were 4 of us and none had one bad remark about anything! lf we EVER go back to this area of San Francisco we will be back to Capo's!

• Visited August 2013