“Great choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Briciola

La Briciola
489 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 (Mission)
4155120300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Briciola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #908 of 4,919 restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission
Cross street: Bryant
Transit: Located within walking distance from both Bart and Muni systems.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

We chose this restaurant because we had a bunch of coupons (you know, buy one entree and get the second of lesser value for free) AND because it had good internet reviews and an award or two from the locals. What a great choice! The rolled lasagna was amazing. The carpaccio was fantastic (and very lemony). The veal saltimbocca was excellent. The tiramisu was sumptuous. It's the first time in a very long time that everything we ordered was top-notch. It's a little out of the way from say, Union Square, but it's really worth the walk. We spent about $70 US (without coupon) for two, and that includes three glasses of wine. Very decent value for money for such as high-calibre meal.

88% Recommend
San Diego, CA
“Perfect choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

I read about this restaurant and picked it because of the reviews and proximity to our hotel. I suggested that we try it the night before my husband was to run the SFO Marathon. It was everything I had hoped for. For us, who don't drink, we were treated to a warm welcolm, quick and friendly service, fabulous food, and very reasonable prices. This is the way we like to dine, as we enjoy good food, but don't want to spend a lot of time waiting around for things to happen. I recommend it highly, but suggest that if you are walking here at night, that you have a buddy with you.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing little Italian Joint in Soma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

My husband, 18 month old son, family friend and myself decided to dine here on the advice of CitySearch as well as TripAdvisor. We were so pleasantly surprised.

The restaurant is gorgeous and very romantic, Christmas lights intimately light the entranceway and the entire restaurant looks beautiful. It is larger then what we expected, but still "cozy". I would say the service is above average, but not excellent.

The food. MY GOODNESS. For appertizers we ordered muscles in an amazing tomato sauce with two slices of bread with melted cheese and spices: excellent.
We also ordered the friend calamari, which boasted wonderfully tender calamari.

For dinner my husband and I both ordered the fish of the day special with aspargaus and cheese stuffed salmon, very good.

Our friend ordered a wonderful fresh pasta with chicken, of which he basically licked the plate clean.

For dessert I ordered the chocolate loaf. If you like chocalate, run to this restaurant now! I first thought the serving was small, but then realized it is incredibly filling and wonderful.

My husband ordered the affogato, to which he gave much praise and our friend chose the bread pudding, which was very good, GENEROUS portioned and heavy.

I also ordered the moscato with dessert, which was excellent.

For the two appetizers, three entrees, three desserts and one dessert wine it came to $104.

I would definitely go back again, especially for something special, such as our anniversary.

The place was very accomodating to our hyper little boy, as well.

I would definitely suggest any Italian lovers try this joint out!