“Great Italian in Soma” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Briciola

La Briciola
489 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 (Mission)
4155120300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Briciola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #454 of 5,005 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission
Cross street: Bryant
Transit: Located within walking distance from both Bart and Muni systems.
Scotch Plains
“Great Italian in Soma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The best thing about this restaurant is their delightful wait staff
They are friendly, knowledgeable and eager to please and better still the food is great as well. Try their buffalo mozzarella appetizer with prosciutto! The main courses are divided between "land" and "sea" but regardless of which you prefer go with their fresh pasta; it is wonderful! Their desserts do not stand up as well but after such a hearty delicious meal, you might as well skip dessert and have an espresso!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

MD
“Doesn't take direction well.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

While the food was fine, I specifically ordered the pasta without a particular seafood, substituting shrimp. The waiter assured me it was not a problem. 30 mins later, and the ingredient was prominently displayed on top and the waiter proudly told me the kitchen decided I needed it. Um. No. No. No. Ever heard of food allergies? no. They remade the plate but my companions were finished by the time my dinner was redelivered.

Northern California
“Hidden Gem in SOMA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stopped here walking back to our car from a Giants game and were pleasantly surprised at what a great place it is. I'd noticed the place before and it was very inviting: a warm and beautifully appointed little Italian bistro. Even though we arrived late in the evening & only wanted something simple, the waiter was very welcoming and gracious. I ordered a bowl of minestrone soup and it was some of the BEST minestrone I've ever eaten! Absolutely delicious. We also had dessert and coffee, all exellent. We can't wait to return in a few weeks for a complete dinner experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Northern Italian cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We live nearby and consider ourselves lucky to call this our neighborhood haunt. We've eaten here twice, each time our socks were blown away. On last visit, we ordered a couple of appetizers to share, the ravioli (delish) and the roasted veges (good but not great). I had a bite of the halibut and rabbit ordered by my friends. They raved about their orders. Honestly, all I can remember was the fantastic cioppino I ordered on both visits. A heaping dish of perfectly cooked fish, shrimp, mussels, and clams resting in a flavorful tomato-based broth. Heaven! The broth bursts with flavor and yet is subtle in taste. Note that the cuisine here is Northern Italian, so different from the Sicilian cuisine found in many Italian restaurant. By the standards of any cuisine, the food here is par excellent!

“Charming place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The impeccable service, the food arrived very fast, they refilled our water whenever it was empty and the food was amazing. Very charming little place with a fasade that hides a very good and decent italien restaurant..