“Poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 298 activities in San Francisco
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bike and Roll is the nation's premier bicycle rentals and tours company with locations in San Francisco, New York, Wasington, DC, Chicago, and Miami. Bike and Roll San Francisco offers you some of the most beautiful bike rides in the world. Imagine leaving Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, riding a bike path along the San Francisco Bay, through the Presidio and Golden Gate National Recreation Area, over the Golden Gate Bridge, and into Sausalito where one can board a ferry for a boat cruise back across the bay. Thousands of visitors make this journey on a daily basis throughout the peak visitor season as the Bay Trail bicycle ride has emerged as a must do visitor event in the city by the bay. For the more adventurous, San Francisco sits just below the Marin Headlands where the origins of mountain biking can be found. In addition to its line of comfort bikes for leisure riding, Bike and Roll offers a full line of high-end bikes for the more experienced or more adventurous rider.
Bristol, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wouldn't use them again as their staff could do with a few lessons in customer service and there bikes aren't looked after very well. Dispensing bikes to the public that aren't roadworthy is not good if you want repeat business. If you do hire from these guys, take a toolkit, you may need it when your handlebars almost fall off! They say they'll come out but that's no good when you nearly crash into a load of pedestrians on the bridge! My advice to Bike and Roll - Service your bikes once in a while and believe your customers when they tell you the bike has a problem.... Otherwise you'll find that you'll have no customers left.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good trip, but do it with someone else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The trip itself was amazing, me and my girlfriend hired a tandem bike to cycle over the bridge, the first bike we were given had uneven front and back pedals, and the rear handle bars where at an angle so aligning them would un align the front seat, we stated this and where given another one. we had a great time until we got over the bridge and the handlebars came loose causing me, at the front to loose control of the bike and slip off the pedals and scratch up my leg and my girlfriend to rip her shorts, the bridge is busy enough without having no steering, luckily a tour guide saw our problem and offered us an an Allen key so we could continue our journey, after returning we showed the staff my leg and my girlfriends shorts and asked for at least a small discount as the bike had obviously not been properly serviced, the staff where very rude and completely ignored us and continued to charge us I had to be very blunt with them to get any answer which was "got should have called us and you should have checked it before you left" if I had called them, we would of had to walk the bike to the end of the bridge and waited, and how can we check a bike when they don't provide any tools to do so, you check over a hire car when you get it, you don't give it a full MOT so I will never go with them again sure to there rude staff and badly kept bikes.

Naples
21 attraction reviews
“Don't even look at other bike rental places - This place is Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Did the whole Trip Advisor search - Asked the concierge - Looked for coupons. Ended up with Bike and Roll for our bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. WOW. First off you have to do this (bike across the bridge) secondly the folks at Bike & Roll make it easy. Of course they have great equipment and a fair price ($5 coupon if you look for it too). The staff is EXTREMELY well trained. They make the paperwork quick. Help make sure you have the right size bike and explain everything about the ride. They even show you pictures of what it will look like at every turn. They provide you with ferry tickets incase you decide to take the ferry back (most do) if you don't use them you give them back - no charge - if you use them they just add it to the bill. They even have one of their representatives waiting in Sausalito at the ferry in case you have any questions. Even if I tried I am not sure I could come up with one constructive or negative comment. WOW!

Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable way of enjoying the Golden Gate Bridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We rented 4 bikes from near fishermans wharf and rode the standard route to Sausalito to catch the ferry back. Original plans to extend our route over the presidio to see the beaches on the other side were abandoned due to hilly terrain. Going over the bridge was great, though some kind of mass protest going on by a mix of healthcare workers and environmentalists spoilt it a bit. The kids and I felt energetic enough the other side to ride up the hill about half a mile to get the best afternoon sun views of the bridge with the city behind. Worth doing. Fairly easy ride round to Sausalito which is a pretty place to stop for refreshments. The ferry company have an impenetrable token system for the hoards of bike riders, which meant we had to wait an extra half hour to get on a boat back. I think all the bike companies offer pretty much the same deal, overall I'd recommend it highly.

Chichester, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
“Must do activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This was probably our best time in SF. Bike across the bridge,lunch in the prettiest town then ferry back. Get your ferry tickets when you arrive in Sausalito to avoid long queues. Enjoyed by parents and 17 and 18 year olds equally. All along safe cycle paths. Well done SF