“THEY GAVE MY CREDIT CARD TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of RN74

RN74
301 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94105 (South Beach)
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RN74 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #623 of 5,005 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Beach
Cross street: Fremont and Beale
Transit: BART: Embarcadero Muni - F: Market St & Main Bus: Beale St. at Mission St
New York City, New York
“THEY GAVE MY CREDIT CARD TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

In the history of restaurant mess ups, this one takes the cake. I'm really appalled at the service at the RN74. We went here because I really liked Michael Mina the restaurant and we were eager to try his wine bar. The service from the very first second was lacking. It took forever to get drinks and food, our server seemed to have no clue how to do anything. At the end of the night, I paid and got my card back. I didn't look at the name on my card because I assumed it was the same card I handed to the server to pay. The next morning I realized that they gave me another customers card and they couldn't find my card. After all the hassle I went through trying to locate my card and give the women back her card, it ruined most of my day in San Francisco.

RN74 really should have done something here for us after all the trouble they put us through. The manager made no amends whatsoever. No apology, no trying to take anything off our cards, it was really amazing. I have never seen this at restaurant before. Michael Mina might be great but the people he chooses to run his restaurant - oy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Napa, California
“Hip spot, bit slow between courses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were told the noise level was off the charts...but it was not that bad considering glass & concrete decor...this dining spot was recommended to us..a young hip crowd for the most part except for our gray hair!
We enjoyed the apps pâté & escargot..then a very long wait for our mains, duck, which was good, steak with frites which was pricey for what it was...the high light of the meal was French Crullers with 2 dipping sauces....it was excellent....
With so many dining venues in San Francisco don't think we will go back...

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
oakland, ca
“Once Again, disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It seems that Mina hires people that they then indoctrinate into the cult of Michael. Today, at lunch we ran into this again. Arrogant waiter, sometimes non-existent, and rude. It was quite evident that our table was having a discussion and he insisted on telling us about specials. Then we didn't see him for 10 or 15 minutes. At that point, it was evident to 'management' that nothing had happened at our table, thus they might not be able to turn it. Voila, manager. Anything wrong? Would you like to order? Drinks were then refilled....then our waiter comes back.

One would assume that if a table doesn't order appetizers, then perhaps after 2 folks have ordered main dishes only, without first course, that the other 2 diners wouldn't be having first courses either. But no, let's press for additional orders, thus putting my guests on the spot.

It's a sell situation. And this kid was way over his head. No explanation about what "dressed" on the burger means. So after a lecture about how "chef recommends medium on the burger" and why, we waited. Drinks empty. Manager again. Everything alright? No, we haven't seen the kid for 10 minutes, and there are empty drinks,. We'd like to order another.

Then lunch comes. The burger was more than underwhelming. Someone else trying to emulate Bistro DB in NY, and it didn't work. 2 dishes were ok, 2 not.

And dessert? The manager brought the menus, but the kid couldn't be bothered. Check please, whoosh, table cleaned off and by the way, don't let the door hit you on the rear on the way out. No tip, except I put a little on there as the manager did try and work it.

Not a good experience. It will be a while before I go back. It had been 6 months and I know why.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quebec
“Very decent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Beside the fact that I found the place a little bit too dark at night, the food was good and service very warm. The wine card is somehow very impressive, with a lot of "grand-cru" by the glass! Try the Comte cheese souffle...

San Luis Obispo, California
“Amazing dinner experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My girlfriend and I went here for dinner and the venue is very elegant without being stuffy. I just loved the train ticker showcasing the last bottle wine and it puts on a show as it changes. The duck wing and frog leg appetizers were excellent! The pears & champagne dessert is a must have and really stole the show for us! Great wine list as well. Will definitely be coming back.

Visited October 2013