Certainly adequate and my least expensive option. The hotel is definitely in a sketchy couple block area at the corner of Mission and 9th. I felt ok but would not bring my wife and kids. Two female colleagues also stayed at this hotel and were uncomfortable returning after dark. Rooms are adequate: clean towels and sheets and the bathroom area was clean. Carpet was oldish so cleanliness was difficult to discern. Small coffee maker, a microwave and a small refrigerator. Flat screen TV is nice. Design (open courtyard) and location make noise an issue for what I am guessing is every room. My ear plugs provided a satisfactory work-around. Our last evening was even louder with a group of guests drinking and standing in open doorways. An altercation the next morning at 5:30am in the courtyard/parking area was even more unpleasant. My calls to the front desk to alert them were never answered. Nobody at the front desk upon departure at around 8:30am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We are a block away from Market Street (the main street in SF) and within walking distance to the Moscone Convention Center, Cable Cars, Civic Center, Asian Art Museum, and Union Square among other sights of the city. We offer clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate all year round. Onsite parking is available at fee. We offer free WiFi, free coffee and free newspaper to compliment our professionally decorated rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SOMA Park Inn - Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Downtown Hotel San Francisco
- Rodeway Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Rodeway Inn