We booked 2 nights at the Marriott Union Square to meet friends for a weekend using Marriott Points. As a Platinum member, I am used to how Marriotts are so my expectations are grounded.
We arrived via Car on a Friday afternoon. The Valet man showed up quickly and we advised I was just performing a drop of my bags before dropping the car off. He told me to lift my trunk to avoid any of the bus cameras which might send me a ticket (helpful tip). He allowed me to check in and drop my bags for no charge. The typical valet charge is ~$60.
Check in was quick and smooth. The clerk took my credit card and welcomed me. She offered free continental breakfast or 1,500 per day as the lounge was closed. I took the breakfast. Overall, the staff was excellent during our stay.
I was given a 29th floor room in a corner facing the Coit Tower. The view was spectacular and featured a King Bed with a small chair and a small bathroom with a tub/shower combo. Decor was a typical Marriott. The room itself was REAL small. Smaller than the room at the JW I had in recent times but in the end it served its purpose. The rooms have a closet with an iron and a small safe (not large enough for a laptop ) and worked fine. Location wise, we found the hotel in an ideal location to visit San Francisco and Union Square.
For breakfast, they offer a basic continental breakfast in lieu of the lounge if you are a Gold/Platinum guest. It consisted of bagels, bread, oatmeal & other basic items. If you wanted eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit or yogurt, then you can pay an extra $6 which I didn't find unreasonable. Sears Fine Foods is around the corner and offers a competitively priced breakfast as another option if you are stuck paying full price for the breakfast at the hotel
High speed wireless internet is offered at $12.95 a day (unless you get a business wired rate) and was scorching fast.
Checkout was quick and nothing was wrong.
I would certainly return to this hotel but would hope i get a bigger room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Francisco Marriott Union Square hotel offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from the hotel. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, the San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square