“You get what you pay for !!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #209 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Reno, NV
“You get what you pay for !!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The price and location of this motel is good, but stay away and chose something else. Signs said the motel was being renovated. Check in was okay. We got to the room to discover sheets on the windows for curtains and no carpet on the floors. Every window we could se was the same. There was a charge for parking each night. We were told that the wi-fi was down for the night. Actually it was down the whole time we were there.Choose elsewhere and pay the price or drive in from outside of town a ways.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

If you don't moind a needle disposal box in your bathroom, sheets and bedspreads with holes, a tile floor, a fan for A/C and a bedspread to cover the windows due to replacement of "drapes", then this is the place for you. Don't mind the open doors, loud music, drugs and prostitutes, that's local color. Its not in a convenient location and you probably shouldn't walk around at night. Even the owner is behind a bullet proof window after six. For the best show go on a weekend when all the boys and girls are celebrating. Bring your own boom box.
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the show

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed at this hotel because I am not familiar with the city and wanted to be walking distance from my business destination. On the plus side, the hotel was easy to find the receptionist behind the bulletproof glass was polite, and even though I arrived late there was a parking space. On the negative side, was security...room doors open to the ouside motel style, cleanliness...the rug was so dirty I wore my sox at all times...sheets were clean, but the blankets and bedspreads were old, burned, ripped. I had read about bedbugs and so I checked carefully before unpacking, to find the mattresses are sealed in plastic...so good news there. But overall, you can get a better hotel room for this price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

This hotel is in a really good spot for the city, and is right on the main street where the trolleys run between the Castro and Fisherman's Wharf. Value for money was exceptional, especially if you mention the 'pay now' discount' when you can get a 20 percent discount when you book. I ended up getting the discount, and not even paying until I checked out anyway. The room was smaller than it looks on the website, but is very clean, with a nice bathroom. There's nothing else which compares to it in the city in this price range. It was a non smoking room, but we ended up buying scented candles and Febreze to get rid of the smoky smell. The decor was also a bit dated, and could do with renewing, but no major complaints there. There is a free breakfast buffet each morning in the lobby, with coffee, orange juice, cereal, toast, fruit and pastries. It does get busy though so don't leave it too late. The service is good, and the guy who seems to live and work there cannot do enough to help, even though his English isn't so good. Overall, a perfect no-frills option in the city. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
La Laguna,Tenerife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The hotel is really good situated, though there are a lot of homeless and poor people in this area, and the big roads besides give a lot of noise.They offer free wifi access! The room was very clean, good room service and new beds. Someone who doesn't need to stay besides Fisherman's Wharf but close to the center and for S.F. conditions good prices would be pleased there.

• Stayed April 2009
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

First trip to San Francisco and had such a horrible experience. Till now still quite traumatise by it. Firstly we were served by Mr Personality who looked like he rather be somewhere else than there. No politeness, no thank yous and no assistance whatsoever. Despite booking in advance to have a non smoking room, our request was not met and the minute we walked into the room, the stench was overpowering. The curtains have holes in them and the toilet window opened out to a car park. We had to buy some air freshner and even that does not take away the smell. To add insult to injury, there were wrappers, rubbish, toilet paper and god knows what else were under the bed! My sister was 2 doors away from us and she came banging on the door at 5am to hurry us to pack up and leave. BED BUGS were crawling out of her jacket and she showed them to me on a tissue with the suckers and blood! My husband killed 2 in our own room and did not tell me in case I freaked out and I DID! I later discovered that I had been bitten twice on my ankles and the itch and inflammation took almost 3 weeks to heal! Can something be done about this place? THE HOTEL OUGHT TO BE SHUT DOWN! We approached the Manager, Mr Personality who accused us of lying about the bed bugs and even asked us to prove we have been bitten! My sister told him she has the tissue and he even has the cheek to ask us to prove that the bed bugs were from his hotel! THE AUDACITY OF CALLING US LIARS AND REFUSE TO REFUND US BACK OUR MONEY! NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN WOULD I STAY IN TRAVELODGE ANYWHERE EVER AGAIN!!! We packed up and went to Holiday Inn and paid an extra $20 more per night and had no trouble whatsoever.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Makati City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I'm from the Philippines and I booked online at the recommendation of a friend where I stayed for the whole duration of the 2009 GAme Developers Conference (March 23-27). Great value for money. If I had any issues, I would have preferred better Wifi access since I was having trouble from my room but otherwise I have no complaints.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Central? Share your experiences!