“Just the basics” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #212 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as a small part of an extended trip. We chose it for the location; accomodation in SF is not cheap and this was a way to see the city on a budget. I read the reviews beforehand and understood you get what you pay for and I am usually fine with this (especially for 3 nights), but in this case I wish I had paid the price to be somewhere else. This hotel is in a very dodgy part of town. The stretch of Market St from the hotel into town is run down and full of homeless people and gangs. When I say full, I mean hundreds. It is totally unsafe to walk at night. When sleeping at night all you can hear is shouting and police sirens, and one evening the police actually turned up to the hotel due to some incident in the room next door to us. The rooms themselves were fine considering the price we paid, and the breakfast was really good but I felt so unsafe. We took valuables and passports out with us every night because we geniunely expected that the room would be robbed at some point. I would avoid this one and pay a bit more to be in a nicer area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

DEFINITELY do not stay here!!!!! Filthy, noisy and over priced!!!!!! Won't be staying here again. Needs updating. Room 323 is noisy, shower makes an awful noise, walls thin, heard everything happening in the next room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

If we could rate this negative stars we would! My husband had to stay here for an IT convention this past week. The hotel his company originally booked was 2.5 hours away so we booked him this place last minute on Expedia. For $330 per night you get a small, poorly equipped, dirty room (found cut finger nails on the floor), located in not the nicest area of town. There were shady "deals" going on behind the hotel, yelling and crying coming from one rooms all hours of the night and to top it off my husband came back with bed bugs! The hotel of course denies it but as we were working up the ladder of managers at Expedia trying to get some sort of refund we discovered this website called www.bedbugregistry.com and there were dozens of reviews about his hotel and the management denying it.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed st your place on market st sf The rooms are a bit worn but ok for what i was there for I neede to see what the hustle and street life was like. Your place gave me just that view with a touch of saftey. I liked the entire staff. I think rosa the head of room cleaning shouldn't have stood in the doorway and screamed to get out cause she needed the room while i already had my bags packed. But considering the situation as a whole i can understand why she doesn't put up with the crap. I left my id and cc in the room along with my red tenny pumas shoes. Id appreciate if she will return them.
Erick the security guard was awesome and quite informative about how the streets work after being there for two years i guess he would. The room was left a bit messy and i apologize for that . Usually when i rent a room somewhere its orderly and neat when i check out. No hard feelings here as long as my credit card and driver license and red pumas
are returned. When i try to reach house keeping again. After 9 am today. I know for a fact that they were left there and where they were left. So please return them when i ask this morning.
Thanks jimmy cundiff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Central? Share your experiences!