“I arrived to the location at rough 1:00 am. In order to...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #209 of 236 hotels in San Francisco

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is: Perfect location! Otherwise it is pretty trashy. Hard to sleep because of all the noise from the streets, dirty rooms, boring breakfast. Nasty stuff was going on around the hotel and in the rooms next to us. I was with a big group of friends and family and most of them were scared during our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its central location and because it had parking!

The rooms were basic and a bit worn down, but we did not expect much for the price either.

There was a complementary continental breakfast which was alright, at least to have a coffee before leaving.

The location was excellent as it was close to all the main attractions, and also close to the motorway. Its a good choice for young people who are looking for a cheap place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is my second review for this hotel, this time written well after my stay there has ended.

Initially my stay was everything I posted, matthew the manager was great. On the last day of my stay my credit card was charged for the entire length of my stay. $1,500 and some odd dollars, every day that I stayed at this travellodge I was charged by the day, and considering that I was using my debit card ( which is not a credit card ) which is charged based on money that is in the account and not by credit . I had proof that the money was leaving my account by the text messages I was getting from my bank ( chase allows you to set your text message alerts to anything above $25 ) not to mention this hotel would not allow you to stay 20 minutes past check out unless they had been paid for the previous night in full.

The reason I left the hotel without being able to deal wit this immediatly is because I moved into an apartment in Marin county where I got no cell phone service and didn't have any Internet for two weeks. By the time I was able to talk with anyon about it it was already too late and my bank account got closed and as far as I can tell my credit score has also been affected not to mention my phone has been turned off. (which I have dealt with ). It's extremely confusing to me how this happened. But I know I was paying by the day yet it isn't reflected in my bank account somehow and I don't ever have more than just a couple hundred dollars at a time and more often than not I would have to borrow money from a friend to make sure I could cover the room without having to pay an extra hundred dollar deposit for paying for the room in cash. I am still not even sure how o rectify any of this mess. It's too much to deal with. It's not the banks fault because all they base the way they pay my debit card purchases on is my signature.

Thanks Matthew (hotel manager at travellodge central)

Room Tip: I stayed in several different rooms during the month I was there, never did I find any bedbugs or an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in July last year and two of the three travellers got bed bugs! There were homeless people helping themselves to the free breakfast. Location was good, but there were a lot of homeless people around.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Central? Share your experiences!