“perfect for me - not for families - rates are great - free parking lots” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Park San Francisco

You added Alexis Park San Francisco to your Saves list
Alexis Park San Francisco
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA 94109   |
Ranked #197 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
Hombrechtikon, Switzerland
“perfect for me - not for families - rates are great - free parking lots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was quite skeptic, when I saw the hotel from outside. But if you are traveling alone, as business (wo)man, as a young couple, and when you are not afraid of loitering homeless people around in the area (the hotel manager took care off, to get them off the hotel area) I would recommend to go there when you are looking for a centrally located hotel for affordable rates. I would not recommend to go there when you have children or you cannot cope with the homeless people around this place. The rooms are big, recently completely refurbished, the shower-areas are totally new and modern, the free continental breakfast (which you have to take into your room because the lobby is very small) is adequate. The rooms provide a table for 2 and a desk, free Wifi, and the best of all ... free parking lots ... downtown San Francisco ... free parking lots (enough lots for everybody, at least during my stay). So, after you have closed the door of your room, everything is perfect. And you are in 10 minutest walking distance to Union square, 30 minutes walking distance to northern embankment... I mean - what can you expect more? I really had some very bad experiences with other low-budget-hotels, but with the exception of the little Saigon atmosphere around this hotel, there was really nothing to complain about. I was positively surprised. I will return there, when I am back in SF.

Room Tip: Would advise to get a room on the 2nd floor - Would make you feel more safe.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
La Verne, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have never been to. First, the location is not safe, there are lot of homeless people around this hotel, if you have family with little kids, highly not recommended. Second, they said there are free parking available, but the very RUDE hotel manager reserved most of parking space for his family members and himself. Yes, they all live in this hotel. All the ground floor rooms were occupied by his family. Parking lot is very small, You are lucky if you can find one. Third, the room is very dirty. Hotel staff is very bad, not willing to help and keep making mistake. I booked & paid 3 night via Expedia, the second night I went back to the hotel, they locked my room and refused to let us in. I have three little kids waiting inside the car for 2 hours, I talked to Expedia and they confirmed that we had 3 night and the hotel staff had made mistake. We waiting in the parking until 11:00pm. The manager insisted us to provide him a hard copy of the email from Expedia in process to let us in to the room, however I didn't one with me and I asked if I can use their printer which I can print the email out, believe it or not, he refused to let me use their printer. The manager might be the owner of the hotel and he thought he can do whatever he like to his customer, after all the drama, Expedia manager call him and finally we were able to get in the room. I am so so regret to stay in this hotel, please spend a little more to stay another one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
libraryladyfo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We needed a place close to Nob Hill for my nephews FIDM graduation. Unfortunately, it was June 14 and PEEK season for S.F. We literally were just going to sleep in the room, with dinner, events, breakfast & site seeing filling our hours. So...this is a decent little motel, parking is available & free but first come first serve. Rooms are clean, but bare bones. Bathroom seemed to be remodeled but some wallpaper was coming off one bottom corner. Rooms are on the small side, double beds only, continental breakfast & free wi-fi. Staff NOT too friendly, even with much smiling and chatting NO smiles or chatting returned! :( So...I'm giving it an average.

Room Tip: NOPE...everything is noisy because you are in S.F. and on a corner. Garbage trucks, busses...but if...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Angwin, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. This hotel is centrally located to the heart of SF and as a result, the staff feels entitled to gouge their customers. The front desk staff is RUDE, and the hotel is filthy. The maid entered our room despite the DO NOT DISTURB tag being up, and when we returned to our room to check out, the accused us of having a dog in our room?! What were they even doing in there to begin with if the sign on the door says "do not disturb," and considering the size of the room is about a big as a thumb tack, I am not sure where I would have even put the dog. Finally, I made a mistake when booking the room by accident for the wrong day, and they REFUSED to give me a refund for the mistake and charged us DOUBLE to stay for the night we needed. Overall this place for ONE night cost me $400. I will never come back here. They also photocopy your ID card, credit cards, and charge a $250 damage deposit before you can even check in. Needless to say I cancelled my card after staying here because the staff is shady, rude, and worst of all this hotel is so dirty. I found long black hair all over the bathroom floor (I have short blond hair), and when I ran a damp rag along the floor it came up BLACK. (See my photos). The carpet was stained, the comforter was stained. This place is gross, and this is coming from a college student that has travelled by couch surfing. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Best tip is to not stay here at all. If you must stay here, come for the free parking and sleep in y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not worth it if you are staying here for the amenities like free parking and breakfast. The bad location, surly service and rundown rooms make even those "perks" unpalatable. Free parking is very limited and the motel will not allow you to park before check in our after check out and the breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Rude staff rodent problems. Bum problems. Crack pipe found in my bed. Heater does not work. Place is horrible. I think some one was paid to make the positive reviews. Never stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay here all the time. I park my car....for free....and walk to where ever I am going. Good price for what you receive. A good value for San Francisco. No complaints at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family