“Good enough for a one or two night stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Park San Francisco

Save Saved
You added Alexis Park San Francisco to your Saves list
Alexis Park San Francisco
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Polk Street, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Civic Center)   |
Ranked #202 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
libraryladyfo
“Good enough for a one or two night stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We needed a place close to Nob Hill for my nephews FIDM graduation. Unfortunately, it was June 14 and PEEK season for S.F. We literally were just going to sleep in the room, with dinner, events, breakfast & site seeing filling our hours. So...this is a decent little motel, parking is available & free but first come first serve. Rooms are clean, but bare bones. Bathroom seemed to be remodeled but some wallpaper was coming off one bottom corner. Rooms are on the small side, double beds only, continental breakfast & free wi-fi. Staff NOT too friendly, even with much smiling and chatting NO smiles or chatting returned! :( So...I'm giving it an average.

Room Tip: NOPE...everything is noisy because you are in S.F. and on a corner. Garbage trucks, busses...but if...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Angwin, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. This hotel is centrally located to the heart of SF and as a result, the staff feels entitled to gouge their customers. The front desk staff is RUDE, and the hotel is filthy. The maid entered our room despite the DO NOT DISTURB tag being up, and when we returned to our room to check out, the accused us of having a dog in our room?! What were they even doing in there to begin with if the sign on the door says "do not disturb," and considering the size of the room is about a big as a thumb tack, I am not sure where I would have even put the dog. Finally, I made a mistake when booking the room by accident for the wrong day, and they REFUSED to give me a refund for the mistake and charged us DOUBLE to stay for the night we needed. Overall this place for ONE night cost me $400. I will never come back here. They also photocopy your ID card, credit cards, and charge a $250 damage deposit before you can even check in. Needless to say I cancelled my card after staying here because the staff is shady, rude, and worst of all this hotel is so dirty. I found long black hair all over the bathroom floor (I have short blond hair), and when I ran a damp rag along the floor it came up BLACK. (See my photos). The carpet was stained, the comforter was stained. This place is gross, and this is coming from a college student that has travelled by couch surfing. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Best tip is to not stay here at all. If you must stay here, come for the free parking and sleep in y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not worth it if you are staying here for the amenities like free parking and breakfast. The bad location, surly service and rundown rooms make even those "perks" unpalatable. Free parking is very limited and the motel will not allow you to park before check in our after check out and the breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Rude staff rodent problems. Bum problems. Crack pipe found in my bed. Heater does not work. Place is horrible. I think some one was paid to make the positive reviews. Never stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay here all the time. I park my car....for free....and walk to where ever I am going. Good price for what you receive. A good value for San Francisco. No complaints at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed several times at this property over the past 10 months and each time it's been great. Rooms are spacious and clean. The free continental breakfast is a plus as is the free wi-fi. The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but I've never had an issue. It's within walking distance to a BART station and several great Thai restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

A decent motel for the price - the room and bed were comfortable and the bathroom was very good. The hotel isn't in the greatest neighbourhood (and we didn't expect it to be for the price) but it's only a 10 minute walk to Union Square. My only complaint was the WIFI - the connection kept dropping out and it was very slow.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Alexis Park San Francisco? Share your experiences!