Well since I was doing San Francisco on a budget I had first booked at the Travel lodge by the airport which was like 50$ a night as opposed to the 90 something bucks this place cost. Well, in short, I left a review of the travel lodge titled " Well if I was gonna start a meth lab.. I'd stay HERE! IT STINKS!!" and went on to add pictures of the brown stain on the ceiling, the blood/burns and white substance on the carpet and the dirty gross bathtub I quickly left that gross place spent my first night at a days inn nearby and then settled on this place. As my money was tied up on now booking a new hotel (and the travel lodge told me it would take 3-5 days to refund my credit card.. ugh!) I had to cut back on unnecessary eating out. This place provided some crucial things to being in San Francisco and living on hardly anything
- Ample parking (some hotels say they have parking, but it's only a few spots on a first come first serve basis and they fill up fast, which is a load of BS and semi misleading advertising IMO) but this place has one parking spot for every room, which is perfect!
-It's fairly cheap considering the area. One hotel I checked out was charging 219$ a night with no parking included and nothing fancy about it.. ouch! This room cost me 119$ on a busy weekend and 90 something$ on weekdays which I considered reasonable.
-You get a microwave and fridge in your room. SCORE! this was the reason I snapped up a room in this place. Since I was broke I did a quick google search (Oh and they have free WIFI! Another bonus!) and found a place called Foods co. A short drive away. Now Food co. is not an upscale grocery store but.. most things are priced like its 1995. So I picked up some frozen entrees, some canned goods, microwavable plastic plates (gotta make sure you buy the microwavable type), and plastic cutlery and snacks (Came out to 50$ with booze to feed two people for an entire week and I even had snacks and burritos to take along with me on the road trip back home.)
- Free WIFI as mentioned earlier
-Close to everything! I did a ton of walking here and it was all made possible by the proximity to this place.
-Clean and the noise was manageable. I was right on Broadway and if you're a light sleeper it could be bothersome but I found if you just kept the window shut it was great.
-Generally good area and decent clientele. I never felt unsafe in this area once! and I was out and about at all hours of the day.
-No bed bugs.. always a plus!
-Room smelt a little musty but that's just the air freshener they use.. they need a better air freshener.
-A little noise that may be bothersome if you're a light sleeper (In that case ask for a room on the quieter side of the hotel) Although I don't know if this is a con.. since I don't understand what you'd expect in a place that's close to everything, San Francisco is a busy city with traffic to match after all, as with any big city so some traffic noise is always to be expected.
-The coffee they provided everyday wasn't that horrible, but still on the low grade side. But considering most hotel coffee is just terrible, this stuff kept me going each and every morning pretty good... looking back I think I should have sprung for my own coffee though, oh! and if you like your coffee sweet and creamy I'd suggest you buy your own sugar cubes and cream. (they give you a very small amount in your coffee package for two everyday, which includes coffee grounds, two packages of sugar and two packages of coffee whitener)
- We put the do not disturb sign up when we were out and then saw our room had been cleaned when we came back. Nothing ever went missing, even the change on the counter, so that wasn't bad or anything, just surprising.
So overall if you want to do San Fran on the cheap, this place provides all the necessities for a solid price and it's clean with no bed bugs, plus I loved the room decor (For just a basic room they had very nice black and white pictures of San Fransisco on the walls)
This place overall made my trip to San Francisco a little better as it provided a nice clean and safe place to stay in.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Broadway Hotel San Francisco
- Inn On Broadway Hotel
- Broadway Manor Hotel
- Broadway Manor San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly and completely renovated, the Inn on Broadway welcomes you. Our customer service staff receives each guest with exceptional service and a pleasant smile. FREE PARKING is available for all of our guests. Our on-site restaurant offers a quick and delicious way to grab a bite to eat before exploring San Francisco's beauty. Located in a safe and convenient neighborhood of San Francisco, the Inn on Broadway is within walking distance of the legendary Cable Car route, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and our City's famous 'Crookedest Street'. The Inn on Broadway's spacious rooms include: Flat Screen TVs, In-room microwave & fridge, Modern and newly renovated rooms, In-room coffee and tea, FREE Hi-speed wireless Internet access, Expanded Cable TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN100% Non-smoking rooms, Iron & ironing boards, Direct dial phones with dataport. The Inn on Broadway is a quality approved member of AAA and the San Francisco Convention and Visitor's Bureau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Inn on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.