“Great location; Great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on Broadway

Save Saved
You added Inn on Broadway to your Saves list
Inn on Broadway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Formerly Broadway Manor Inn)   |
Ranked #148 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Port Hueneme, California
“Great location; Great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

First, let me say-- this is San Francisco-- it's old and most of it's buildings are old; it's very high density and built on the steepest angled streets I've ever seen--and I am fairly well traveled. San Francisco can be an expensive place to visit--hotel rooms no matter where in this city are expensive and parking can be too. All things considered this is a great motel for the price in a great location. You are quite close to all attractions here. The neighborhood is middling but nice. We had a coupon from HotelCoupons.com/formerly RoomSaver-- their magazines can be found at Dennie's and other traveler frequented locations--gas stations, national restaurant chains, etc. We highly recommend checking these mags or going online to print their coupons to get a bargain on a room--the rooms with such discounts are limited but worth the effort. They did not have any of the Coupon Rate rooms left but gave us Senior and AAA discounts so we still paid less than we would have anywhere else we checked. The room was clean, smelled good, rather spacious for a budget motel, free wifi and free parking in the underground garage--THIS IS PRICELESS in San Francisco where many hotels charge for parking as well!! Very quiet when we were there, Sept. 23-24. The only thing noisy is the elevator--it sounds like it is falling apart going up, but quiet as a mouse if you're going down---it just made us laugh. About 5 blocks from Chinatown and Little Italy which has some fabulous places to have a Cappuccino and a pastry in the morning---it's like walking thru a European Village. We will definitely stay here next time we come to SF.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and I think the higher up you go, the less likely you are to be bothered...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Espensive , Old Beds, RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICES and every morning when you have to take the elevator you Find out that all around smells like a Dirty Restroom!!!! and the bad part of all this you talk about this problems with the Manager he say is because you paid so little you get this services!!!!!

Room Tip: Well never in this hotel but when you come to San Francisco get a hotel more close to the Financial...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Pros:
The location is prime. Lot's of nightlife down Polk for blocks in either direction. Start with Nick's on Broadway and Polk. Lots of shops, restaurants, bars, etc to satisfy all your needs. Easy enough to get around to other parts of the city. Safe, clean and hip.

The room was very clean. Checked thoroughly for bed bugs and was completely satisfied that there weren't any. Mattress, linens and towels were adequate. Room stayed cool with ac and it was not too loud. All in all, it was just fine, not dumpy at all.

This hotel was half priced from equivalent hotels around the city. When I return to SF, I will stay here again because it really is a steal. FREE PARKING!!!

Cons:
The maid comes in even if you put up do not disturb sign. I stayed 3 nights and did not need new towels or sheets. The maid came in anyways. Not awful, but I dont like strangers near my personal belongings.

Truly can not name another con. The hotel is across the street from a beautiful stone cathedral so you are immediately drawn into SF's beauty at your first step out the hotel room. Stay here if you like a true bargain and hidden gem.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which made for easy access to the street and my car in the parking l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

A coworker and I stayed at this hotel after deciding to spend the weekend in San Fran following a business trip. Needless to say she and I (both in our mid-20s) were absolutely terrified staying in this hotel. There were loud parties, crashing furniture, random people banging on our door, etc. We called the front desk numerous times and they did nothing except say something along the lines of "that comes with staying in a hotel". Having traveled extensively for work, I can tell you that does not usually come with staying in a hotel! After a long, long night of no sleep in a room that felt disgustingly filthy, we ended up checking out the next day and demanded a refund of the two-night prepaid amount. After lengthy discussions with the front desk and the manager, we finally were granted a refund which I can say is the only thing remotely positive about this hotel and our experience. We seriously spent the night expecting to be robbed, killed or have something else bad happen to us and were so happy to leave the next day and find a nice, clean hotel in a different part of the city.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs. There are numerous options in San Fran and this hotel is a clear example of "you get what you pay for"!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Great location, great staff, great price, safe, respectable clientele, and it was clean. If you're looking for long-term or short-term stay then highly consider it. It's easy to get many of the great areas you will want to see in the great San Francisco!

• Stayed August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this room at the rate we received in this location. It wasn't too far from the sights and there were plenty of places to get a bite to eat. Pete's Diner makes excellent breakfast downstairs as well. ONly issue may be the spaces in the garage to park, very narrow for bigger cars. If I ever get the opportunity to go back to San Francisco I'd be willing to stay here again. Thanks

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 1year old son, along with my sister-in-law this past January. I've been meaning to write a review but it just dawned on me two weeks ago when I stay in SF again but this time my sister-in-law book a different hotel which will remain nameless but I can tell u that it had more stars then the Inn on Broadway. For that very reason, I leave a positive review for The Inn on Broadway because for the price, the courtesy, the cleanliness, location and surprisingly the parking was beyond exceptionally accommodating.
To be honest with you, this is the first place from now on that I’ll look for an availability….I’m from San Diego, CA and just writing this review makes me wish I could visit again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn on Broadway? Share your experiences!