The Castle Inn was a back-up hotel when we suddenly need an extra night in SF. This is a budget hotel snuggled into a densely packed city, like a motor inn. The rooms are small, plain, but clean. The bathroom was clean, but without ventilation, becoming steamy within minutes of running the shower. The complimentary breakfast is very rudimentary; we skipped it The free parking is a great bonus, though the spaces are tiny and you have to be comfortable navigating your car in cramped quarters. The internet is free. The surrounding neighborhood is okay, but you are a short walk to the bus on Van Ness and cable car on California. If you don't mind budget-level accommodations and only need a staging ground for your SF trip, stay here and enjoy the free perks and excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described by guests as "the ideal place to stay in San Francisco," Castle Inn offers beautiful rooms, a fantastic location, and wonderful, friendly service. With FREE PARKING, FREE wireless internet access, in-room coffee, cable TV with HBO, hairdryers, iron/boards, mini-fridge/freezers, microwaves, a/c, and mini-breakfast, you have all of the comforts of home. Perfectly situated for your SF visit, we are within walking distance to Fisherman?s Wharf, Chinatown, Cable Cars, Crookedest Street, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hotel San Francisco
- Castle Motel San Francisco
- Castle Inn San Francisco