“Clean and comfortable room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lombard Motor Inn

You added Lombard Motor Inn to your Saves list
Lombard Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1475 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #76 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
Petaluma, CA
“Clean and comfortable room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here just one night, as we were having dinner in SF and didn't want to drive home (about an hour drive). The motel is on Lombard, right off Van Ness Avenue. We know what a busy area this is, so I requested a quiet room in the back, which they gave us.
It was very quiet. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and it looked like the bathroom had been recently remodeled. The rate was very good, so it was perfect for our needs. Free parking too, which is a big plus in S.F.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Lombard Street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Warm welcome ,free parking ,a real bonus. Good size room ,spotless. Very good value for money. Unfortunately very noisy. I live in London so am well used to traffic and noise but this was something else. Whilst in San Francisco we were fortunate enough to see the space shuttle ,it went through my mind at the time what it is possible for man to achieve ,what a pity he has never got around to the double glazing at the Lombard.......

Room Tip: Try and get a room off the road ,other wise take your ear plugs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Lombard Motor Inn for our honeymoon. The room was very clean and nice. The parking was very convenient and easy (not to mention FREE!!). The staff were all friendly and helpful enough (but we didn't have many needs or requests). We stayed in room 301 (I think). There was a nice view of Lombard from our balcony. The street noise was noticable but definitely not a big deal or disturbance. The best thing about this hotel is the LOCATION!!! We walked everywhere! We went to Fort Mason, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, Chinatown, LIttle Italy (North Beach) and the Presidio. It was great to not have to drive or take public transportation. I will DEFINITELY be staying at this hotel again when I'm in San Fran. Also, a block over and half a block down is this great diner for breakfast (Chestnut St. Diner) their french toast is yummy!!!

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We read many tripadvisor reviews before booking this hotel so we knew perfectly well to expect - and the reviews didn't let us down. This hotel is right on a 3-lane highway so the road noise is pretty extensive. We were on the second floor facing Lombard Street. We could see part of the Golden Gate Bridge from our room and being able to see the street was worth the noise. I heard if you get a room in the back the noise level decreases significantly, but of course so does the view. It's a pesonal preference. We could walk to just about anything. We are mid-40s couple in great shape so this wasn't a big deal but if you don't like to/or can't walk 8-10 blocks, you can always catch a cab right outside the hotel. The room was always immaculate and was a very good size. Nice flat screen TV and comfortable king size bed. you can't stay in San Francisco and want to be in the heart of everything without expecting some noise. So like I said - we got what we expected. We would probably stay here again, but might try a room in the back (maybe). Make sure you try the Lombard Cafe. Super sweet ladies running the place and the food was great.

Room Tip: Room on the backside may reduce noise.
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent forever trying to decide on a hotel for 3 days in SF and finally chose this one. I'm glad I did. The price, though I think high, was certainly do-able, especially considering the location and the free covered parking. I also found that the price seemed to be the average for this type of hotel anyway so I really don't think I could've done too much better for the area and that included the parking.
As for the hotel it was spotless with decent amenities, though a small fridge would've been helpful. I really loved the addition of the tempurpedic bed! And the free wi-fi was much faster than a lot of hotels I've been to.
As per earlier reviews I requested a room off of Lombard and we were rewarded with a lovely and quiet room overlooking the neighbors' little patios.
The staff was polite and helpful when needed. There are a few restaurants within a block or so for whichever meal you wish, though none we tried were all that great (including Cafe Lombard, though to be fair we only tried their breakfast). And as others have said, the wharf and pier are a fairly short walk away.
The only thing wrong (and it's minor) is that our toilet seemed to be trying to disengage itself from the wall so every time it was used it sounded--and felt--like it could fall off the wall at any time! I totally forgot to tell the management that when we were checking out so hopefully they read this and can tighten the bolts or something! :)
All in all a pleasant stay and I would definitely consider this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you want quiet make sure you request a room at the back away from Lombard.
Rosemount, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you want a nice, affordable place to stay in San Francisco, you can't beat it. Its location to the Wharf & Pier 39 is within walking distance, approx 1 mile. The room was plenty big, clean, & had an awesome king size bed (I believe a Tempur Pedic); the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The only issue is the lack of restaurants very near by. However, if you're in San Fran, you'll probably be out & about anyway, so restaurants are plenty. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: Room on the back side are quiet. Room 302 was spacious & quiet.
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years and have always been pleased. I find it very convenient and accessible, especially coming from the airport. The carpark is excellent and no extra charge. The room had been refurbished to a very good standard. It was located at the rear and was very quiet. We had requested a rear room as the street is a very busy one. Prices have increased,but still better value than most. There are a couple of convenience stores nearby and the little Italian place across the street is good for breakfast. However, it is a treat to stroll down to the waterfront. One morning we had breakfast in the Blue Mermaid (great) and then got cable car from terminus into Market St., a great way to start the day

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lombard Motor Inn? Share your experiences!