“Sketchy...but OK for poet” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Roberts At The Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Francisco
Roberts At The Beach Motel
You added Roberts At The Beach Motel to your Saves list
2828 Sloat Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94116 (Sunset)   |
Ranked #222 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
El Cerrito, California
“Sketchy...but OK for poet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

For the solo type who wants to save a few bucks (maybe 20-30 $ from other nearby hotels in this location) and just passing through...or need to spend some time alone to wander the beach during the day, this is the place. I paid $100 tax incl. for a shabby room.

At first a little turned off after looking at a room (tho staying for the savings...just me after all) I walked to the nearest pizza joint, thinking no need to spend much time in the room. But after some food and a late night saunter in the cool fog, blowin' in off the ocean through the neighborhood cypress trees, the waves audible in the dark down toward the beach, my mind turned a bend and it became...homey. That was a surprise.

The creaky table, noisy bathroom fan, tilted mirror etc...it was all ok... So if your a poet type or photographer or writer and want to be away where no one needs to know where you are...this is good. (Though I did just return from India, so a place like this is not too shocking.)

If you want nicer in this location, the Art Deco place across the street looks much better ( http://www.oceanparkmotel.com/page/nrz9/Rooms_Rates.html )

(Overall Poor Rating: Really should be cheaper per the room conditions. Maybe not a nice feeling for a family with kids...hard end of town felling.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mililani Town, Hawaii, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was planning a trip to San Francisco because my husband was going to have surgery at the San Francisco VA Medical hospital. However the weekend we were suppose to leave my husband got sick to travel. The day we were suppose to leave I was going to try to take him anyways. But once I got to the hospital & saw how ill he still was I couldn't take him like that. I made reservation at Roberts from 8-5-13 thru 8-16-13. I spent the entire day at the hospital so devastated about my husband's condition. I couldn't think about nothing except my husband. Later that night I was cancelled my reservation cause I wasn't sure about my husband health or when he would be ready to travel. I contacted Booking.com but they said that I would still be charged the $110 (i think) for cancelation fee from the Roberts Hotel. I asked the agent did you tell the manager about my situation she said yes. So I decided to call him myself. His name was Andy he was rude, disrespectful & inconsiderate. I was trying to explain to him about my situation his response was "IT'S 10:30 pm & YOU JUST KNOW CALLING I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY & he hung up the phone." Never in my 40 yrs of life have I ever had anyone disrespect me like that. Of course I tried to call back but he wouldn't pick up the phone.
For me it was a blessing my husband got sick before we left cause I didn't need to say at this dump & we were able to travel a few days later & stayed at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf & had an amazing time & my husband is recovering well the his surgery. Even though Holiday Inn was out of budget for me but it was worth it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Redding, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

To start we paid 100.00 for this room. Dirtiest hotel 'ive ever stayed at. We could actually write the word DIRT in the dust on the walls, sheets and blankets had holes, absolutely no water pressure to take a shower. Had I known ahead of time I would have gone somewhere else but because a friend had reserved it for us they would have been charged if we cancelled. They tried to make excuses for the dirt when we complained but theres no excuse for flith.

Room Tip: spend the extra money and stay someplace else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
manchester uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

made a big mistake and didnt look at reviews before booking!
Really is a dump!
Only plus is very near proximity to trams to get the h*** out of there.
Tram noise throughout night
shower floor cracked and dirty
Tops of taps on wash hand basin missing and very very grimy.
area very seedy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is dreadful.We choose it because of the very close transport links.That is the only positve of this place. The room was grubby,the shower had mould and there were hairs stuck to the tiles. The musty smell was covered up by a very strong air freshener which made us choke,a choice between two evils.The noises coming from other rooms are best left to your imagination,not a place to take children.The motel is overpriced and dirty.The best thing that could happen is the motel to be demolished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We chose this place due to its price and the close tram and bus lines. The price is too high for the quality and location.
Location: The neighborhood is not a very good one, and it's a 25-minute tram/bus ride to mid-San Francisco. That said, the bus and tram lines are right at the hotel. The zoo is right across the street as well.
Service: Not much service to speak off. We got some help with the maps and directions, and that's about it.
Rooms: Terrible. My wife refused to shower for 3 days due to the stains in the bathroom. The walls are paper thin, and you can hear anything your neighbor is doing, plus all the traffic and trams.
Summary: Only stay here if on a tight budget and nothing else is available.

Room Tip: Top floor, either left or right edge (the less adjacent rooms, the better).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Camp Verde, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

On the positive side, the beach is within walking distance, public transportation right out the door, San Francisco Zoo across the street. There is a fridge & micro in the room and the fridge is cold.
The owners of this property do not do updates. Old gas heater, mold in shower, old musty smell in the room. There are no outlets that accept a grounded plug, the one outlet that I had to plug in my phone would not hold the plug. It kept falling out. Not very clean when we checked in. Bathroom fan very noisy. Outdated everything. Front desk person Andy was not very personable. Very unfriendly and rude.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness center. If you need a hairdryer bring your own. It is July 27th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 6 in Pacifica
3.5 of 5 stars 184 reviews
Sunset
Days Inn San Francisco at the Beach
Days Inn San Francisco at the Be...
#135 of 234 in San Francisco
3.5 of 5 stars 382 reviews

Been to Roberts At The Beach Motel? Share your experiences!