This summer, on Independance Day, my family and I visited the Americania Hotel in SF. The interieur of the hotel was very nice. They even had a swimmingpool, in the middel of the city. Taking a swim in the middle of San Francisco. Only the water of the pool did you cool you down, the temp was little too high.
Hotel is located 2 blocks from Market Street. I agree with several other reviews that this part of the city is not the nicest. A lot of homeless people on the streets.
With 15 min walk you are in the centre of the shopping area and the cable car towards Fishermans Warf. Also the trolley car (not the crowded cable car) to Fishermans Warf is nearby. This trolley costs $2 per person and drops you close to Pier 39.
The people of the hotel were very nice and helpfull. It started with the guys from the parking. They were very helpfull and friendly. Checking in also was very quick and friendly.
When we left the hotel for the next hotel, 500 km away, we found out that we forgot our passports in the save.... We decided not to ride back, but to call the hotel and ask them to send the passports to the next hotel. The hotelmanager, Rafik Hanna really helped us out. He had sent the passports with Fedex to our next hotel in Las Vegas. He had to put quite some effort to fix this for us. A big THANK YOU for that, Rafik. Excellent service!
I would recomment this hotel to everybody who want to visit SF and wants to sit in/near the centre of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western