We had a long drive from Long Beach and arrived via Fillmore Street. That was an experience, up bank and then down bank! The trainee assistant at check in was very friendly, clear with information and efficient. Our room on the second floor was on Fillmore as requested. A view of the Golden Gate Bridge! The room was spacious and clean and the furniture was really smart. We loved the dresser! Everthing in the bathroom was fabulous. We always found the ice machine in working order. The location of this hotel and customer parking provided was for us outstanding. Public parking can be expensive in San Fransisco so we left the car at the hotel and walked. Lombard Street, Pier 39, Union Square, Cable Car Museum, Pier 33 for Alcatraz etc etc. The beds were very comfortable but being centrally located there are some noisy neighbours who go to bed at 2am on a Friday and Saturday and 3am on a Sunday. They do however have a night off on a Sunday/Monday! If you stop at this hotel, check out Mel's Diner nearby!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Marina District, between Fillmore and Lombard. Centrally located in a lively neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shops and public transportation within walking distance. One mile away from Fisherman's Wharf or 25 min. Walking distance.One block away is the Bus 30: takes you Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town, Union Square. We offer complementary parking for one car per room. Weekends offer a lot of activity in the streets around the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Chelsea Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Chelsea Motel San Francisco