Loved this hotel! First off, all the other reviews are correct- location is fantastic (one block from a bus stop and restaurants close by), rooms were clean and a very good size, and the rates were great. What really made it was the free parking!
The man at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and gave us some great tips and information on getting around the city. The rooms were a great size for 3 adults. Check out was at noon, but they let us keep our car int heir lot for a couple more hours without any problems.
The only con, which can be avoided, is that it can get loud in the evenings. Our room was near the corner of Lombard and Fillmore and we were there on a Saturday night, so it was noisy. The next night was nice and quiet though. I think this could probably be remedied by asking for a room that faced the back of the place (I can't remember the name of the street). Also, a room on the top floor may be quieter (we were on the first floor).
I would definitely stay here again.
I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Marina District, between Fillmore and Lombard. Centrally located in a lively neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shops and public transportation within walking distance. One mile away from Fisherman's Wharf or 25 min. Walking distance.One block away is the Bus 30: takes you Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, China Town, Union Square. We offer complementary parking for one car per room. Weekends offer a lot of activity in the streets around the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chelsea Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chelsea Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Chelsea Motel San Francisco