If your goal in San Francisco is to be out in the City exploring, discovery and just plain enjoying San Francisco, AND you don't have any need to pay high hotel prices for extra for things you probably won't use or for which you could find alternatives out in the City at a more reasonable price, then this is your hotel. Because what this hotel gives you is a great location in a reasonably decent area (it's only a few blocks south of Union Street and not too far from restaurants and shopping on Chestnut Street, FREE PARKING (!!!) and a reasonably-sized room with comfortable beds and a nice-sized bathroom, both of them being very clean (I was amazed at how clean the carpet was), and frankly, in San Francisco, that is all you need in a hotel room. The beds were comfortable, the room had a safe, there was enough closet space for our clothes.
Yes, the hotel is older, the furniture looks like it was bought in the 1980s--though it is well cared-for and clean. Just think of it as if you were staying with an older aunt who hasn't updated her furniture in 30 years, but keeps everything clean and in good shape.
Snobby, status-conscious friends, those people who believe in wasting money on conspicuous consumption, will not be impressed with this hotel if your ego needs that kind of thing. However, since you will most likely pay less here on lodging than at fancy hotels, and thus have more money to spend other than on your hotel, your wallet will be impressed.
People who understand S.F. travel and that it is better to spend money doing things in and around the City other than spending it on a hotel room, will admire you, though.
I normally don't like motor inns because "motor inn" usually is synonymous with "dive", but let's not judge a book by its cover, especially since this hotel has received consistently good ratings in Tripadvisor. I found they were correct. This hotel is the exception. My room was very clean, very comfortable.
It has no frills. You get a nice-size clean room with a big enough clean bathroom, clean towels, comfortable beds, great location at a very good price (for San Francisco).
So you don't have a restaurant--S.F. is full of restaurants with many within walking distance. It doesn't have a hotel shop. But there is a corner convenience right across the street. It doesn't have an exercise room--but how often do you use those, anyway? If you need to exercise, take a walk! You won't be in the hotel much anyway, if you really want to visit San Francisco.
The Coventry Motor Inn is a great base of operation for anyone who needs a safe, clean, comfortable base from which to explore one of the great cities and regions of the United States.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coventry Motor Inn features spacious, tastefully decorated rooms. Rooms are available with your choice of one king, two queen, or two double beds to ensure your comfort.Each room has a comfortable, well lit seating and work area, individually controlled heat and air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, coffee maker, and color TV.Other conviniences include free covered parking and ready public transportation to all parts of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Coventry Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coventry Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Motel San Francisco
- Coventry Inn San Francisco